Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I raise my daughters to be little mommies.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm raising my daughters to be good home makers, good moms, and good wives.

I'm raising the boys to be good providers, good dads, and good husbands.

That's how I think it should be and it saddens me everytime I read or hear otherwise. My most important goal in life is to be a good wife and mom. I think there would be better people and less divorces in the world if everyone did as my family does.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Replies (31-40):
SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:00 AM
5 moms liked this

It's sad that you are doing that to your girls, but if it works for your family. You should encourage your girls to be all they can be, not locked into just being a "mommy" or "wife".

I am curious, what if they decide that isn't the life they want for themselves?? 

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:01 AM
2 moms liked this

I am raising my daughter to be able to take care of herself, to get her education and career before she gets married and start a family. I am also teaching her that there are no male/female jobs to do in the house, we all live here, we all can do it. My boys are the same, only don't live with us.

My dad taught us a long time ago that if you live in this house, you will help keep it up. He even taught all of us, (my brothers and I) how to maintain a car, yard and house. My kids will/are learning the same.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:04 AM
8 moms liked this
I agree with you, OP. Also, I believe there would be less divorce if women were SAHM's and men were providers.

*I do think it's wise for males and females to be able to do all kinds of things like cook, clean, change a tire, etc....you just never know. But I think the world would be a better place if men and women did what they were designed to do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Well there is nothing we can do but it's just something I highly encourage. We still have savings for the children and if our girls choose, they may spend it on college and be working single women for the rest of their lives . I just hope they pick the right(imo) path

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

It's sad that you are doing that to your girls, but if it works for your family. You should encourage your girls to be all they can be, not locked into just being a "mommy" or "wife".

I am curious, what if they decide that isn't the life they want for themselves?? 

AthenaRadhaGaia
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:04 AM
8 moms liked this
I think gender roles are some of the most fucked up ideas ever and no im sorry god did not plan your life out based on your no no parts. I will raise my son to be responsible loving caring and hard working.at home and outside of the home
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
June3May4June3
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Good for you! I am doing the same. I haven't gotten to much of the teaching with my little boy though (he's 10 months old). I feel that you can teach your children these things while also teaching them that they can be who they want to be. Just because you teach a little girl to be a good mom, wife, and homemaker doesn't mean she can't have a career. I feel the same way about boys just because you teach them to be good fathers, husbands, and good providers doesn't mean you don't teach them how to care for themselves.

kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I plan on doing that as well.
KGreen75
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm raising my daughters to be independent, goal oriented, strong women.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leakymommy
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree op.
Suzy_Sunshine
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:06 AM
2 moms liked this

gross

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN