Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I raise my daughters to be little mommies.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm raising my daughters to be good home makers, good moms, and good wives.

I'm raising the boys to be good providers, good dads, and good husbands.

That's how I think it should be and it saddens me everytime I read or hear otherwise. My most important goal in life is to be a good wife and mom. I think there would be better people and less divorces in the world if everyone did as my family does.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Replies (41-50):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:07 AM
4 moms liked this

I am raising my children to be themselves and to be happy!

Sekirei
by LoKitty on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:07 AM
3 moms liked this

I will raise my son to take care of himself... to be a man and help his wife and expect her to be treated equally.  He will learn to be a home maker and a provider. It would be a disservice to him to do it any other way

Same thing, if we adopt a little girl. She will be raised to do both. I will not have any child of mine thinking they need to fit into an outdated mold

but, if it works for you..awesome

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this

So they can't do both? They can't go to college, get married and have kids?

Quoting Anonymous:

Well there is nothing we can do but it's just something I highly encourage. We still have savings for the children and if our girls choose, they may spend it on college and be working single women for the rest of their lives . I just hope they pick the right(imo) path

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

It's sad that you are doing that to your girls, but if it works for your family. You should encourage your girls to be all they can be, not locked into just being a "mommy" or "wife".

I am curious, what if they decide that isn't the life they want for themselves?? 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AthenaRadhaGaia
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this
That doesnt make two people love each other. how about they dont rush into marriage.he doesnt beat her.they are faithful to each other.not just her being faithful and accepting him cheating cuz thats just what men do.No love and equality is what a marriage should be based on

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree with you, OP. Also, I believe there would be less divorce if women were SAHM's and men were providers.

*I do think it's wise for males and females to be able to do all kinds of things like cook, clean, change a tire, etc....you just never know. But I think the world would be a better place if men and women did what they were designed to do.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sekirei
by LoKitty on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:10 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree with you, OP. Also, I believe there would be less divorce if women were SAHM's and men were providers.

*I do think it's wise for males and females to be able to do all kinds of things like cook, clean, change a tire, etc....you just never know. But I think the world would be a better place if men and women did what they were designed to do.

really?

Many native american tribes focused on women being head of house. Some tribes still work that way

and they are far more peaceful than the Europeans who brought that mentallity to the US 

CodenameDuchess
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:10 AM
5 moms liked this
Alrighty then. I'm raising my daughters to be independent women who don't need children or a husband to validate their existence.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:11 AM

We raise our kids to be successful

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this
They can but I think that's one thing that contributes to divorce. So many get these big careers then the kids are in day care 10 hours a day, you grab McDonald's on the way home because everyone is tired, and then everyone just goes to bed.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

So they can't do both? They can't go to college, get married and have kids?

Quoting Anonymous:

Well there is nothing we can do but it's just something I highly encourage. We still have savings for the children and if our girls choose, they may spend it on college and be working single women for the rest of their lives . I just hope they pick the right(imo) path

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

It's sad that you are doing that to your girls, but if it works for your family. You should encourage your girls to be all they can be, not locked into just being a "mommy" or "wife".

I am curious, what if they decide that isn't the life they want for themselves?? 

Bluerose1482
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:12 AM

I am raising my children to be hard working and responsible.  My son and daughter both have chores inside and outside the house.  They also have responsibilities related to our businesses.

CodenameDuchess
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Wait....so choosing not to marry or have children makes you "selfish"?

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like you are raising selfish "special snow flakes"

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm raising my boys to hopefully never get married and never have children, to live for themselves. I'd hate to see how this world is when they are grown.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)