Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

oregon mamas!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies
dh and I are moving to oregon and I wanted to know whats the best part of the state or best places for families?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wonderwomen1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:10 AM
I am in Beaverton OR. Idk but good luck! I love it were I am :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:12 AM
whats it like there, I perfer country over city

Quoting wonderwomen1:

I am in Beaverton OR. Idk but good luck! I love it were I am :-)

villagemamma
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:15 AM

Im currently in SE portland but some really good places to live outside of portland but still commuting distance would be newberg, sandy, gladstone, canby, west linn... Just to name a few. I love oregon and have lived all over and basically think that everywhere is a pretty great place to raise kids. especially in comparison to other places.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:15 AM

Mahema...its about 30-45 minutes from Salem, and its a very nice place...its more country, but not so small that it has that small town mentality. I'd say its a good place to have a family.

anity
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:17 AM

i live in eugene, oregon and honestly, you dont want to live in this town, it sucks, i cant wait to move out into the country again. i would suggest cities like Lowell, Pleaseant Hill, Junction City. I lived in Lowell for a little over a year, and i loved it, its a quiet small town, i had no choice but to move back into town because of my situation.

ashleighmama
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:17 AM
I live in Forest Grove and I love it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:18 AM

I am in Southwest Washington, about 10 minutes from Portland. I love the Pacific Northwest in general. We prefer to live on the WA  side, we both grew up here and love the schools and community. We love Portland though as well as most of Oregon. If we lived In Oregon, we would pick one of the Portland suburbs or one of the less populated areas between Portland and Salem.

paganmommy4
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:19 AM

Everywhere. I live in Charleston. Eugene is awesome, portland and surrounding areas are awesome so much history and culture

monkeybelle83
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:20 AM
I'm in newberg and love it. Small town feel and good schools
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tezell78
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:28 AM
I am in bend and although I hate it, mainly because I'm allergic to sage brush and juniper and bend is high desert, I'm successful here. Sweet home is where I would go. Or scio or philomath.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured