Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sister wives Update

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:14 AM
  • 110 Replies
2 moms liked this
I'm finally watching it on Netflix, and I understand the lifestyle much better now. But I know it's just not for me. I could have a gf, and possibly have that lead into a relationship similar to the polygamist lifestyle, but I couldn't do it like that.

What are your thoughts?

Bashing is not welcome..if you don't believe in it, that's fine, but please, refrain from the "it's against god" "it's nasty" kind of comments

Wow, I am impressed. Thank you for everyone that's responded so far. And thank you all again that there hasn't been any of the usual MC BS in here (yet)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MzShorty787
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Its interesting to say the least, I personally couldn't do it, I'm kinda needy and selfish I don't like sharing lol
Not sure how the hell he keeps up w/ all those kids is kinda beyond me lol I hv days were I get stressed and forget my own kids name and I only hv one lol although when that happens my 6y/o niece is usually helping cause the stress too lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:24 AM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't share dh emotionally or physically with anyone. I don't play well with others either lol
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:26 AM
2 moms liked this
Never seen it, and honestly, I have no interest in it. Not something I would ever want to do. I don't play nice with others when it comes to my husband ;)
MrsSexyCurtains
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:29 AM
1 mom liked this
If I could have two husbands I might lol jk. I couldn't do it but that's me. I like having one man in my life that's all mine. I do get fascinated with how they live though.
paganmommy4
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:32 AM
3 moms liked this

Polygamy started in the mormon religion and other religions during the times of the migration to the oregon trail, it was about survival. If a woman lost her husband during that time, she was going to die, so most often a husband and wife would come across her and he'd Marry her or take her on to  help her out with her kids. Brigham Young was the one that ended it. Most states its 100% illegal and the fact that he is not legally married to the other women for that reason. 

Most mormons who live that way are not part of the true LDS church but are Fundumentalists Mormons

Its not for me

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:35 AM
I like the show. Its very interesting. It would be nice to have a sister wife, but I don't want more children. I could share my dh. Sad to say, I know, but there are medical issues.
Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I would never share my man. I used to watch Big love, that show was awesome.
bellawomen
by Summer on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:41 AM
I would love a polyamorous marriage. I identify as pansexual if there was a label to be had. I could never swing, have an open relationship, etc. I need commitment before intimacy and would expect the same from my partners. I don't see myself have more than a triad, but I would be open to it.
DixieL
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:45 AM
4 moms liked this

If my husband wanted more than one wife, that would be fine with me, but I wouldn't be one of them.

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow, that's almost completely accurate, I'm surprised. Usually people get it completely wrong.
I agree, though, it's not for me. I've been LDS all my life, and I would never lol

Quoting paganmommy4:

Polygamy started in the mormon religion and other religions during the times of the migration to the oregon trail, it was about survival. If a woman lost her husband during that time, she was going to die, so most often a husband and wife would come across her and he'd Marry her or take her on to  help her out with her kids. Brigham Young was the one that ended it. Most states its 100% illegal and the fact that he is not legally married to the other women for that reason. 

Most mormons who live that way are not part of the true LDS church but are Fundumentalists Mormons

Its not for me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN