Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel stupid and intimidated by some of you ladies.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 69 Replies
1 mom liked this
I moved to the US when I was 13 and I was very proud of learning English in about 6 months( not perfectly) but I could defend myself ok.I don't speak perfect English but I have gotten better or so I though

Joining CM has had its good and bad. I sometimes have to google words some of you say cause I have no clue what it means. I type the same exact way I speak and I guess that's not the right way. Especially the Hot topics group where this ladies are super smart makes me feel stupid. Half of the time I'm.ignore and the others I'm called stupid. I hate that word because no one knows what struggles people go through and that doesn't make them stupid.

Vent over.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starlight91
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:33 AM
12 moms liked this

Im sorry some of these so called ladies make you feel that way..

Just remember those who put others down , do it to make themselves feel better about their own bad lives...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:33 AM
6 moms liked this
Don't let it get to you. Some of these ladies learn a big word or two, and suddenly they think they're hot shit.
ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:34 AM
6 moms liked this

This post looks pretty good to me.  With that said, no one can make you feel inferior without your permission.  You have no reason to feel stupid.

lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:34 AM
2 moms liked this
That makes me feel sad. Try not to put to much thought into those who make you feel that way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nodramamama55
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:38 AM
5 moms liked this

At least you are trying and have an excuse. Some women here were born and raised in the U.S. speaking English only and still have no vocabulary, or spelling skills

jbyrd898
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Your writing seems fine! Dont worry about what people say.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:40 AM
9 moms liked this

Knowing two languages, proficiently enough that you can communicate effectively, certainly does not make you stupid.

RockstarsMoM08
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this
If you ever need me to explain something you can PM me. I don't always understand what some people are saying because of grammar, slang and auto correct, but I won't ever call you out not make you feel less than you are. It hurts me to see how some of the ladies here treat each other. I refuse to lower to that hateful discontent. I think it's amazing that you learned one of the hardest most confusing languages in such a quick time!! It's really an amazing and congratulations are well over due!! ** hugs**there are still some kind ladies here, is be more than pleased to introduce you to them :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Thank you ladies,you are going to make me cry with such nice words.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this

You aren't stupid, you know two languages when many of us only know one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured