Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

YOUR NOT MY STEP MOM!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
So when I first met my ex husband he had a son already and he was just a baby he was only 1. So when we got married we were married for 4 years so he is now 6 years old and I have learned to love him as one of my own and he even calls me momma Julie( he calls his bio mom 'mommy'). My ex is going to get married again and they told him he didn't take to well. When my exs fiance was going in for a hug and told him ' I'm going to to be ur step mom' the little boy didn't hug her back and said 'no or not! I already have a step mom!' She was stunned and didn't know what to do. That's when my ex asked his son what he meant and he told his dad that I told him ' he will be my step son and love him even if daddy and I are not together' And walked off. I guess that is when my ex called me and starting yelling that I have brainwashed his son! Brainwashed!? I didn't know what he was talking about and that's when he told me the story. I said I was sorry but that I do still love him and I miss my little guy. What do you want me to do act as if he never existed? I helped raise him for four years! And what I really told him was that ' I will always love him and he will always be my step son by heart even if daddy and I arnt together and that he could still call my momma Julie it doesn't bother me and when ever he wants to come over to my place and play with his brother he is more then welcome to with daddy's permission.' He is still to young to understand the adult world. So should I tell him that I'm not his step mom anymore or should I just let him figure that out on his own as he gets older?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Honestly I couldn't help but laugh a little when my ex told me what had happened! lol
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I think you have a very special relationship with your step-son and he'll always call you momma Julie even when he's grown up, let him decide what he wants to do.

winterglow
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Your ex needs to step back and breathe a little. He should be happy that there he already has two "mommies" who care about him and who will always be there for him. Now, he's getting a 3rd one :)

What did he expect? Did he think that when you and he divorced that this would automatically cut the strong ties that you have with his son? If he did he's a fool.

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:28 AM
I think it's absolutely horrible that people with children bring others in and out of the childrens lives so frequently like that. His son is now attached to you and you are no part of his life anymore. And now he's bringing yet another woman into his life and is going to be a stepmother what happens if and when they break up?

honestly I would bow out I wouldn't want to cause a child anymore mental harm.

yes he is attached you when you spend four years of your life intermingled with his. now because of his father he has to meet and accept someone else into his life and as long as you're in the picture saying I'll always be this and that he's not going to be able to adjust to this new woman
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Yes I do I love him lots he still comes over and stays nights because he misses both me and his brother so far his dad has let him but since this happened idk if he will anymore ... which breaks my heart ...

Quoting DanaG70:

I think you have a very special relationship with your step-son and he'll always call you momma Julie even when he's grown up, let him decide what he wants to do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:33 AM
I agree with you completely!

Quoting winterglow:

Your ex needs to step back and breathe a little. He should be happy that there he already has two "mommies" who care about him and who will always be there for him. Now, he's getting a 3rd one :)

What did he expect? Did he think that when you and he divorced that this would automatically cut the strong ties that you have with his son? If he did he's a fool.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:33 AM
No! Don't tell him that. He's already going through a big change. It would be devastating for him if you said you weren't his step mom anymore. Continue to play that role in his life as long as dad will allow you to do so.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:36 AM
I understand where your coming from but I can't just throw away those four years of raising him. I really have no fault when calls me and asks if could come over... it just breaks my heart to say no

Quoting mommy_me:

I think it's absolutely horrible that people with children bring others in and out of the childrens lives so frequently like that. His son is now attached to you and you are no part of his life anymore. And now he's bringing yet another woman into his life and is going to be a stepmother what happens if and when they break up?

honestly I would bow out I wouldn't want to cause a child anymore mental harm.

yes he is attached you when you spend four years of your life intermingled with his. now because of his father he has to meet and accept someone else into his life and as long as you're in the picture saying I'll always be this and that he's not going to be able to adjust to this new woman

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:41 AM
He has allowed me so far until this incident now I don't know if he'll ever allow him to come over when he wants too

Quoting Anonymous:

No! Don't tell him that. He's already going through a big change. It would be devastating for him if you said you weren't his step mom anymore. Continue to play that role in his life as long as dad will allow you to do so.

Lalalie
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:44 AM

That's sad.

That's what happens when people get married multiple times. It's hard on the kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN