Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/o do you feel sorry for the husbands of

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:51 AM
  • 385 Replies
SAHM's? Just curious, saw a few comments to this regard in another post.

If so please explain.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:58 AM
5 moms liked this

what other post?

and no not really why should I? If a man doesn't want his wife to stay home then he should let her know that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:00 AM
12 moms liked this
Well since my dh is the one who wanted me to stay home to begin with, no lol.

SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:01 AM
The SAHM how many hours a week does your DH work post. Some seem to think that husbands of sahm's are working themselves ragged just because their wives stay home.

Quoting momoftwo0406:

what other post?

and no not really why should I? If a man doesn't want his wife to stay home then he should let her know that.

Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:02 AM
24 moms liked this

My staying home is a source of pride for my husband. He likes that he provides for his entire family. He came from a broken home and had to work very hard to get to where he is. We made the choice together for me to stay home with our children. If he didn't want me to be home, or we couldn't afford it, then I would be working.

CrimsonRadiance
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:02 AM
4 moms liked this

Well, my DH works anywhere from 60-70 hours a week. Even if I wasn't a SAHM, he'd still have the same hours. So, it really wouldn't matter. *shrugs* 

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:02 AM
3 moms liked this
Dont know which post youre talking about, but yeah i do feel sorry for some of them

In what ive heard and seen with my own eyes in how some take advantage and feel so entitled, you have to feel bad
Most of the time these men think their wives will stay home until the kids go to school and next thing they know its 13 yrs later and shes still home and not contributing to the financial part of the relationship.

Its actually sad in many cases
Thats why many men leave too
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:03 AM
2 moms liked this

Well I am a SAHM... and no, I don't feel bad for him. LOL

SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:03 AM
3 moms liked this
This sounds very similar to our situation.

Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

My staying home is a source of pride for my husband. He likes that he provides for his entire family. He came from a broken home and had to work very hard to get to where he is. We made the choice together for me to stay home with our children. If he didn't want me to be home, or we couldn't afford it, then I would be working.

redneckmama4
by Loree on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, my dh wants me to be home and he enjoys what he does.

It is probably from the single ladies...

Redneck hippie mama to four rowdy farm kids. My husband has tagged along my awesome journey for 14 years this month and we enjoy the simple and natural life. Ask about my rockin' blog giveaway...check it out!!

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Mine only works a normal 40 hour work week. It's not a physically demanding job at all either. He primarily sits at a desk.

Quoting SpnFulOfSugar:

The SAHM how many hours a week does your DH work post. Some seem to think that husbands of sahm's are working themselves ragged just because their wives stay home.

Quoting momoftwo0406:

what other post?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN