Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stay at home moms, I applaud you!

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm serious! Due to some medical problems, I have had to take a leave of absence from work to care for my 22 month old DS. (He's taking a nap now) Both me and DH work about the same hours, 25-40 hours a week and since we decided I would be staying home, I would take full responsibliity of all housework and errands on top of caring for DS while he picks up extra hours (last week he worked 40 and this week he is working 50), and WOW! I never knew how much I depended on DH for help. I mean, we did equal amount of housework, but I also always had taken care of DS more. I never noticed how lazy I was. lol It's only been a week and I'm exhausted! I really look up to you guys even more now. I've always wanted to be a stay at home mom, more so to spend more time with DS than anything, and I knew that SAHMs did a lot because my mom was one, but wow. I want to give a big hug to all of you.

hugs

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Replies (11-20):
Josie_P
by Josie on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Seriously. Idk what I'm going to do during my maternity leave lol. I'm so used to my set schedule and working.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you! I've been at home for nearly 14 yrs and I love it. Wouldn't trade it for the world. I used to be a single working mom and sometimes my heart breaks for what I missed with my oldest son.

ZazaGoszzy
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

My mom's house was like that lol and she had a diabetic, an asthmatic, a child with adhd and she also would watch 3 more of my cousins everyday. She said when we got older we got lazy... lol she also hit a huge road bump in her health so she wasn't able to keep up with the house cleaning as much, but she ALWAYS made sure she had enough strength to spend time with us.

Quoting mich.el.le:

*bows* lol Just kidding. I am not the best sahm. I envy those women who always seem to be doing something amazing with their kids while maintaining a pristine house. 

EvilAsh
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I'm a sahm and my husband still helps me. I might get to stay home and he works 60+ hours a week, but I take care of OUR kids in the time he's away, plus I'm working on my masters degree. He better help.

ZazaGoszzy
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:17 AM

you sound like my mom! lol the house was always filled with cousins.

Quoting ConcernedCousin:

Thank you! You WILL get used to it and it will become easier. I have three under the age of 5, plus I babysit one, and 3-4 days a week or for the weekend I have my oldest sons best friend over so it can be hectic but I can't imagine any empty house

momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I loved be a SAHM but I couldn't wait to go back to work. I love working and would hate to have to go back to being a SAHM

ZazaGoszzy
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I was ready for maternity leave. I was HUGE! on top of being a high risk pregnancy, my feet would swell up and carpal tunnel set in :-( I couldn't wait to leave work...lol but now, I miss it a little.

Quoting Josie_P:

Seriously. Idk what I'm going to do during my maternity leave lol. I'm so used to my set schedule and working.

ConcernedCousin
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Lol I typically don't like other peoples kids but I babysit cause we need the money and I love my sons friend like my own. Other than them, I don't invite kids over

Quoting ZazaGoszzy:

you sound like my mom! lol the house was always filled with cousins.

Quoting ConcernedCousin:

Thank you! You WILL get used to it and it will become easier. I have three under the age of 5, plus I babysit one, and 3-4 days a week or for the weekend I have my oldest sons best friend over so it can be hectic but I can't imagine any empty house

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Aamy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I have been a sahm for almost 7yrs now. I think I will get a part time job when ds goes to school. I do miss talking and hanging out with other adults.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
otoole
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:22 AM

thank you, but i miss working big time but i am so tired from everythng i do i dont no if i could do both whikle the kids are this young, i admire working moms

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured