Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stay at home moms, I applaud you!

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm serious! Due to some medical problems, I have had to take a leave of absence from work to care for my 22 month old DS. (He's taking a nap now) Both me and DH work about the same hours, 25-40 hours a week and since we decided I would be staying home, I would take full responsibliity of all housework and errands on top of caring for DS while he picks up extra hours (last week he worked 40 and this week he is working 50), and WOW! I never knew how much I depended on DH for help. I mean, we did equal amount of housework, but I also always had taken care of DS more. I never noticed how lazy I was. lol It's only been a week and I'm exhausted! I really look up to you guys even more now. I've always wanted to be a stay at home mom, more so to spend more time with DS than anything, and I knew that SAHMs did a lot because my mom was one, but wow. I want to give a big hug to all of you.

hugs

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Replies (21-30):
ZazaGoszzy
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

One of my co workers says that all the time. lol i would say at work how much I want to be a SAHM and she'd just say "I wouldn't go back to do that unless I HAD to"

Quoting momoftwo0406:

I loved be a SAHM but I couldn't wait to go back to work. I love working and would hate to have to go back to being a SAHM

ZazaGoszzy
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:23 AM

that's nice though, that you babysit your son's best friend :-)

Quoting ConcernedCousin:

Lol I typically don't like other peoples kids but I babysit cause we need the money and I love my sons friend like my own. Other than them, I don't invite kids over

Quoting ZazaGoszzy:

you sound like my mom! lol the house was always filled with cousins.

Quoting ConcernedCousin:

Thank you! You WILL get used to it and it will become easier. I have three under the age of 5, plus I babysit one, and 3-4 days a week or for the weekend I have my oldest sons best friend over so it can be hectic but I can't imagine any empty house

CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Thanks :) This is a nice change from the bashing SAHM's usually get on here. I love staying home with my kids. It gets easier, just gotta find your groove lol. I do plan on returning to work once my kids hit school age, and I am not necessarily looking forward to it. For me, I think being a working mom would be harder. Then again, hopefully I can get a job I like instead of one I was burned out on before I had my kids. Hope your son gets better soon :)
ZazaGoszzy
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:25 AM

it's easy when your mom and dad will babysit for free. lol that and I always had my husband to help with housework and the baby when I had class and homework and whatnot.

Quoting otoole:

thank you, but i miss working big time but i am so tired from everythng i do i dont no if i could do both whikle the kids are this young, i admire working moms

otoole
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:28 AM

that does help. i split from my husband last year and didn't realise how much he helped out until i was on my own, he didn't do loads in fairness but just having that extra set of hands and eyes helped alot. now its just me and two kids. i want to work so badly but a there is no jobs and b i have nobody to watch the kids for free. but im looking on away to better our lifes

Quoting ZazaGoszzy:

it's easy when your mom and dad will babysit for free. lol that and I always had my husband to help with housework and the baby when I had class and homework and whatnot.

Quoting otoole:

thank you, but i miss working big time but i am so tired from everythng i do i dont no if i could do both whikle the kids are this young, i admire working moms

ZazaGoszzy
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks :-) We're working on it. But yeah, I don't understand why people bash so much... it actually bothers me. I actually stopped coming on CM for a while because I hated seeing other people bash strangers they hardly know. I think I've started finding my groove a little. It depends on how DS is doing that day.

Quoting CrimsonRose01:

Thanks :) This is a nice change from the bashing SAHM's usually get on here. I love staying home with my kids. It gets easier, just gotta find your groove lol. I do plan on returning to work once my kids hit school age, and I am not necessarily looking forward to it. For me, I think being a working mom would be harder. Then again, hopefully I can get a job I like instead of one I was burned out on before I had my kids. Hope your son gets better soon :)

ZazaGoszzy
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your split. It must be really hard. I couldn't even imagine! *hugs*

Quoting otoole:

that does help. i split from my husband last year and didn't realise how much he helped out until i was on my own, he didn't do loads in fairness but just having that extra set of hands and eyes helped alot. now its just me and two kids. i want to work so badly but a there is no jobs and b i have nobody to watch the kids for free. but im looking on away to better our lifes

Quoting ZazaGoszzy:

Quoting otoole:

ashleymosq
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:33 AM
I have been a SAHM for 6 yrs. I love being home with my kids. After you get a routine down, it won't be so bad. Get everything really clean and then it is easier to keep clean. Just go through and do a good deep clean once or twice a week.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I love working and I love my job (just not the company lol). When both my kids were in school and I was done with school I was all about getting a job.

Quoting ZazaGoszzy:

One of my co workers says that all the time. lol i would say at work how much I want to be a SAHM and she'd just say "I wouldn't go back to do that unless I HAD to"

Quoting momoftwo0406:

I loved be a SAHM but I couldn't wait to go back to work. I love working and would hate to have to go back to being a SAHM

Love me or hate me there is no in between. I'm only me and that's all I will ever be.

otoole
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:44 AM

thank you, it is hard at times but ill get there and do whatever i can for them.

Quoting ZazaGoszzy:

I'm sorry to hear about your split. It must be really hard. I couldn't even imagine! *hugs*

Quoting otoole:

Quoting ZazaGoszzy:

Quoting otoole:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN