Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stay at home moms, I applaud you!

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm serious! Due to some medical problems, I have had to take a leave of absence from work to care for my 22 month old DS. (He's taking a nap now) Both me and DH work about the same hours, 25-40 hours a week and since we decided I would be staying home, I would take full responsibliity of all housework and errands on top of caring for DS while he picks up extra hours (last week he worked 40 and this week he is working 50), and WOW! I never knew how much I depended on DH for help. I mean, we did equal amount of housework, but I also always had taken care of DS more. I never noticed how lazy I was. lol It's only been a week and I'm exhausted! I really look up to you guys even more now. I've always wanted to be a stay at home mom, more so to spend more time with DS than anything, and I knew that SAHMs did a lot because my mom was one, but wow. I want to give a big hug to all of you.

hugs

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Replies (31-40):
EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:44 AM
2 moms liked this
It gets easier. And then harder. And then easier again.
And then hard again.
It's fun! 0.o
Hehe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbirdsladie27
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I've done both, we're all happier that I'm home full time again, have been going on 2 years now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dblhlx
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! Its awesome when we actually get recognition from others who know what they're talking about! I've been a SAHM for almost a year and a half and my dh swears I don't do anything. I guess he thinks the house cleans itself and our daughter fixes her own meals (she's a year n a half) and laundry does itself. Lol I get it done while he's at work so he doesn't see what goes on during the day. Plus she's starting early on the "terrible twos". I swear that child is a holy terror! But when Daddy gets home she's an angel. I wonder where she keeps her devil horns and tail when he's home.:D
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Eh, it gets easier once you get into a routine.  Good luck!

ZanderandBella
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Never again lol! I think I would of been ok with one but I had two under two. I was going nuts. Then added businesses on top of that. I like working from home so whenever they are sick, I don't have to worry but I don't ever want to be a full time stay at home mom. I have the kiddos home for the summer with me. I am going to go nuts but I'll cherish the time with them.

ksueditz
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

i've been home for 8 years, and will be for at least 2 more. it definitely has benefits, and some days i would toss it all away for 5 minutes of privacy! LOL hope you, (or your ds??) feel better soon. 

luvhugz08
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Men have no clue(or atleast some)!! 

momto2crazykids
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:52 AM

aww hope your little one feels better soon, kudos for being a wonderful momma to him, it is very hard work but its the absolute best job in the world, take advantage and savor it right now while you can

ZazaGoszzy
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you, the leave is for DS, but I'm also benefiting from it as well. Things have been going downhill for my health both mental and physical and I usually just suck it up, but with my son, I have to take some action, so I took time off for him.

Quoting ksueditz:

i've been home for 8 years, and will be for at least 2 more. it definitely has benefits, and some days i would toss it all away for 5 minutes of privacy! LOL hope you, (or your ds??) feel better soon. 

ZazaGoszzy
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Thank you :-) And I am taking FULL advantage of stay home with him :-)

Quoting momto2crazykids:

aww hope your little one feels better soon, kudos for being a wonderful momma to him, it is very hard work but its the absolute best job in the world, take advantage and savor it right now while you can

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN