Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stay at home moms, I applaud you!

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm serious! Due to some medical problems, I have had to take a leave of absence from work to care for my 22 month old DS. (He's taking a nap now) Both me and DH work about the same hours, 25-40 hours a week and since we decided I would be staying home, I would take full responsibliity of all housework and errands on top of caring for DS while he picks up extra hours (last week he worked 40 and this week he is working 50), and WOW! I never knew how much I depended on DH for help. I mean, we did equal amount of housework, but I also always had taken care of DS more. I never noticed how lazy I was. lol It's only been a week and I'm exhausted! I really look up to you guys even more now. I've always wanted to be a stay at home mom, more so to spend more time with DS than anything, and I knew that SAHMs did a lot because my mom was one, but wow. I want to give a big hug to all of you.

hugs

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Replies (41-50):
ZazaGoszzy
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Thank you :-)

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Eh, it gets easier once you get into a routine.  Good luck!

supermama322
by Kaylee on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Aww, it gets easier. I'm pretty lucky though. Even with DH working 60 hours/week, he still helps out so much around the house. He did all the laundry for me over the weekend

Snowpuma
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Thank you for that :) I'm sorry things have been so hectic. ((Hugs))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. :)
PlaysAllDay
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Last week I had to bring a sitter in so I could get dental work. 45 mins later I get a text that said "help 911 I need assistance. Omg!! How do you do this everyday all by yourself"

lol, you get used to it. Gotta get a routine down.
ZazaGoszzy
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:57 AM

:-) That must be so frustrating. My husband used to be like that until one day on one of my days off, I did absolutely nothing except for handling DS and the dog, and then he stopped saying he did all of the cleaning. lol we try to do equal amount around the house before I took the leave, but it felt like I did a little more, plus had to care for DS' stuff as well.

Quoting dblhlx:

Thank you! Its awesome when we actually get recognition from others who know what they're talking about! I've been a SAHM for almost a year and a half and my dh swears I don't do anything. I guess he thinks the house cleans itself and our daughter fixes her own meals (she's a year n a half) and laundry does itself. Lol I get it done while he's at work so he doesn't see what goes on during the day. Plus she's starting early on the "terrible twos". I swear that child is a holy terror! But when Daddy gets home she's an angel. I wonder where she keeps her devil horns and tail when he's home.:D

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Only one child? Girl, you have no idea!!! I have three, and a very absent-minded DH. Who thinks I do nothing....but for the 10-12 hours he's gone a day I am CONSTANTLY cleaning. And cooking. And feeding. And wiping butts and noses....and, well, you get the idea! Then I get to be up all night, and get no sleep. I never get a break, no vacation. Hell, sometimes I don't have time to sneak to the bathroom!
DaWife806
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I want to be a sahm AFTER my kids are all in school. For now I will be a " working mom." Lol
ZazaGoszzy
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you and you're welcome. I'm handling it all better than when it all started happening.

Quoting Snowpuma:

Thank you for that :) I'm sorry things have been so hectic. ((Hugs))

k_cook12
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! I've been a SAHM for a year now and it has been rough. Cooking and constantly cleaning up after a toddler is not easy. My son gets into everything and I constantly have to watch him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)