Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why men act like kids sometimes ? Does your hubby do that ?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

I have somehow felt that men love when they are treated like a baby,cuddled and pampered.They love to get attention and would go to great extents to get your attention like a small kid.
When they are young, they love their mom for showing affection and love but once they get married they expect the same from their wife.And when they get it from their partner they are fixed to them forever .
This could actually be one of the secrets behind a successful married life 

Just yesterday i saw my husband playing with my son's toy car.And i was wondering what will be his reaction if he sees me playing with a barbie doll 

Sometimes when he behaves like a small kid i find him very cute but at other times it could be very irritating too.
I have seen him behave like a grown up at the right times and right places for example in front of his friends,family and in his job .He acts all macho and strong outside .So its just me who gets to see the other side of him. 

I am not complaining though .He is the greatest thing ever happend to me .He is such a wonderful husband and Father .

The other day one of my friend was also telling me that her husband too behaves like a small kid at times.

The men in my life....my husband, my brother behave kiddish at times.Though personality wise they are completely different from each other but this trait is common in them.(So do i get the liberty of generalising men this time??)

Whats your opinion??why do men do this ??   

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:03 PM

My husband is such a child, and I hate it. I like grown ups to act like grown ups. Yes, I have to get on the floor and play with my kids, and we goof around like silly toddlers all the time. I love to color with my daughter, and just tell life to eff off while me and the kids play, and I don't mind if my husband does the same, but that's not what he does. His childish behavior has nothing to do with interacting with the children. It's all about him trying to get the same attention from me that the kids get, and it's annoying and disgusting. I'm not your mommy, your not a baby, you don't need that much attention as a grown man.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:31 PM

I love that my DH can be child-like and play so easily with our kids.  He had a good childhood and got to be a kid, so he knows how to play and it's lovely.  

supercarp
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:31 PM

My experience has been the opposite. My ex was not playful in the slightest, as I am.

TugBoatMama
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:32 PM

I love seeing grown men play like little boys. There is always a little boy still inside every guy, and I truly believe that. I made up my mind on that when I was still a kid, when I saw an old man play a prank on his grandson with a woopie cushion in church.

12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:33 PM

i love how my dh responds when i snuggle and praise him. it's really sweet and it makes me feel.. idk what the right word is.. but like i'm special to him, because if anyone else did that stuff he'd balk.

i also think it's cute and sweet when i see him enjoy playing with the toys.

i guess if he was 'childlike' in other ways i would be grossed out, but he's very much a man and an adult otherwise. i think most everything he does is really cute and endearing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah That makes men so interesting .Inside the tough ,strong body  a "inner child " resides LOL

Quoting TugBoatMama:

I love seeing grown men play like little boys. There is always a little boy still inside every guy, and I truly believe that. I made up my mind on that when I was still a kid, when I saw an old man play a prank on his grandson with a woopie cushion in church.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:38 PM
This is so sad. You don't think your husband needs as much attention as the children? Really?

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband is such a child, and I hate it. I like grown ups to act like grown ups. Yes, I have to get on the floor and play with my kids, and we goof around like silly toddlers all the time. I love to color with my daughter, and just tell life to eff off while me and the kids play, and I don't mind if my husband does the same, but that's not what he does. His childish behavior has nothing to do with interacting with the children. It's all about him trying to get the same attention from me that the kids get, and it's annoying and disgusting. I'm not your mommy, your not a baby, you don't need that much attention as a grown man.

ele2837
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:40 PM
My husband plays with our daughter, but I don't find he acts like a young child at all
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Do I think a grown man needs as much attention as a child? Ummm, no. I certainly don't walk around acting like a child just to get his attention. And what I actually said was the same attention. He gets plenty of grown up attention from me, but I'm not going to give into his childish antics just because the kids are needing mommy time and he's feeling left out.

Quoting Anonymous:

This is so sad. You don't think your husband needs as much attention as the children? Really?

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband is such a child, and I hate it. I like grown ups to act like grown ups. Yes, I have to get on the floor and play with my kids, and we goof around like silly toddlers all the time. I love to color with my daughter, and just tell life to eff off while me and the kids play, and I don't mind if my husband does the same, but that's not what he does. His childish behavior has nothing to do with interacting with the children. It's all about him trying to get the same attention from me that the kids get, and it's annoying and disgusting. I'm not your mommy, you're not a baby, you don't need that much attention as a grown man.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)