Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you press charges on another child if (update)(edit with picture)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 165 Replies

Another child injured your child so bad they needed stitches? My 12 year may be needing stitches in his eye because some child grabbed his back pack and pushed him and my sons glasses nailed his eye lid.

I went to quick care and my son's eye brow injury got glued. I went and got my son's glasses fixed. I then went to the school to press charges. The school can't do anything with this kid because he has a aggression disorder on his IEP. But I got this on his criminal record so everyone knows how bad this child can be. I felt bad for the child because he is also in a group home but my son comes first to me. The school may pay the medical bill but I doubt it. This kid 14 btw.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:58 PM

No, in your case I wouldn't.  It's a playground argument type thing - just with a bad result.  These things happen.

Texascandee
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I don't think you can sue a child can you?  I would sue the parents for the medical bills though

Hot_Badonkadonk
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Yes, I would.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:59 PM
2 moms liked this

It would really depend on the circumstances & how the situation was handled. If it was just horseplay then I would not. If it was done with the intent of causing harm & the other kid didn't show remorse then I would consider it.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:59 PM
The little monster should be on deep crap for what he did to my son.

Quoting Texascandee:

I don't think you can sue a child can you?  I would sue the parents for the medical bills though

Hot_Badonkadonk
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:00 PM
2 moms liked this
Quoting Not_A_Native:

No, in your case I wouldn't.  It's a playground argument type thing - just with a bad result.  These things happen.

Shit happens, for sure. However, if the child was not pushing on her kid, then he would have never ended up hurt. His parents should be responsible for the medical bills, then that kid might learn to keep his hands to himself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:03 PM
I would. I'd expect them to take care of the medical bills at least... And whatever comes from that. Was it just his eye lid, not the eye itself? Ugh. Scary. I can't have things close to my eyes
itsnotamovie
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this
If the kid was also 12 or older, yes. I would press charges and sue his parents for medical bills. People need to discipline their out of control children, and if they don't, I have no problem asking the police to do it for them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
akroeget203
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:04 PM
His patients should have to pay the medical bill of your son. Have u talked to the other kids parents about it? If it was my kid that did that I would pay the bill but I would make him do extra work around the house to pay me back.

Is your son OK
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pixie-buttercup
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:04 PM
6 moms liked this

If it was done maliciously, yes. If it was an accident, no. We filed a police report on a kid on my son's bus who, on 2 separate occasions, has slammed my son's head into the metal divider on the bus window. Both times my son got off the bus with bloody open cuts on his head. The school principal gave me a line about their anti-bullying program. I told her i would be filing the police report and if it happened again, I would be going to the school board and filing a PFA if necessary to make sure he wouldn't be able to ride the bus with my son. Every time he was on the bus, the parents or the school would get fined. You have to protect your child. If you don't, nobody will. Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN