Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you throw a BABY shower for your 13 year old daughter ?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Replies (1671-1680):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 294 on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Do you have no shame? The entire time I would be sitting in the corner trying to figure out what I did wrong (assuming, of course, that she wasn't the victim of sexual assault). People are saying she's going to need help with "baby things", yeah right! Her mother will be buying everything and she SHOULD have to struggle because she didn't do a very good job of raising her child. Actions need consequences. Good luck raising your baby's baby.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 295 on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, why turn the baby into a negative and force her to feel sadness or regret? She's already pregnant, throwing a shower for her isn't going to get her anymore pregnant.
lvgrammy
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:49 PM

I did throw a baby shower for a 16 year old one time and am glad I did.  The life needed to be celebrated.  We invited the girls with their Mothers, it was not a big fancy shower, but it really helped the family and girl feel better about the whole situation.  I laugh at the posts where the Mothers say my daughters won't get in that situation, it can happen to the best of families, to the pastor daughter, it happens.  I am a Grandmother of almost 4 and a Mother of 2, I was a HS Counselor I have seen lots of girls in a troubled way.  Yes it hurts the family, and it is up to the babies Mother to decide what to do, what is best for her.  If she decides to keep the baby then the village needs to be there to help her and her family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 31 on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:53 PM
I forgot my *sarcasm* tag. Did you?
Quoting HyrulianHeroine:

lol that's EXACTLY what i said. Word for word. God you anons are funny. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Of course the most important thing is for her not to get her feelings hurt.

Quoting HyrulianHeroine:

yes, idk why this made me laugh, how mean to think otherwise

HyrulianHeroine
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:54 PM

your anon, you don't have one. an obvious one at least

theirs funny sarcasm and bitchy sarcasm. Which are you?

Quoting Anonymous:

I forgot my *sarcasm* tag. Did you?
Quoting HyrulianHeroine:

lol that's EXACTLY what i said. Word for word. God you anons are funny. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Of course the most important thing is for her not to get her feelings hurt.

Quoting HyrulianHeroine:

yes, idk why this made me laugh, how mean to think otherwise

amazzonia
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Is it an hypothetical question or do you actually know a 13year old pregnant girl?
clarencepcanine
by New Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Unless the father was 14 or younger, the FIRST thing I'd be throwing would be a fit until Law Enforcement and DHS had figured out/held responsible whoever exploited and impregnated a CHILD.  Followed by intensive counseling and support for her.  But if our decision was to have, keep and raise the baby, I probabkly would have a small, family shower...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 296 on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Is she carrying a baby for 9 months? Is she going to give birth? Yes, she is. So yes she deserves a baby shower. Even if you personally believe she does not deserve one, the gifts given are typically for the baby. It's not the babies fault their mother is 13. Personally, there is no punishment a parent can give out to a pregnant teen that will surpass the punishment the teen has already given themselves. Being pregnant and going through labor is hard. Being a teen mom is hard, I fully believe they don't need punishment. I also fully believe that the mom and her baby will stand a much better chance if they have love and support. Everyone makes less than great choices or even bad choices in their life, it's better to use it as a learning tool and to support them to make better choices. What's done is done, show the teen how to behave as an adult, own up to their choices and make better ones.
cjsmom1
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:58 PM
I would have something small with close family only. This child needs to know that her family still loves her and that they'll help her. As a teen parent I know how hard it can be. Thanks to my families help I graduated college. I didn't have a shower, hid my pregnancy, didn't enjoy him as an infant all because I was embarrassed. No one wants their child to get pregnant at a young age, but when it happens we should help our child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 297 on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:58 PM

First, the baby is a new life and deserves to be celebrated.

Second, why on earth is a 13-year-old pregnant?Even if she consented, that is statutory rape!

So yes, she would need all the love and support she could get. She and the baby both should have the best possible start.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN