Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

not sure wheather to vaccinate or not?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

Poll

Question: Should I vaccinate?

Options:

yes fully

no none

delay-explain

only do certain ones- explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 28

View Results

Dd 5 fully vaccinated
Ds 2 vaccinated til 1year shots(he had a seizure and the doctors recommend he no longer be vaccinated.

Both children are healthy and rarely get sick I'm not sure if I should vaccinate the baby I'm pregnant with?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this
A 100% personal decision

I recommend Dr Sears The Vacciene Book for a good and balanced look at the pros and cons
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Bump
Cmgmqmmom
by Sass Queen on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

That is a personal choice that should be between you and your husband. I am pro-vaxx and have two sons that are incredibly healthy and have never had any adverse reactions, not even a fever or a sore spot, from a shot. My daughter in utero will also be vaxxed. However, you will never get an unbiased answer on this site. There are two types of people on here....those that vax and those that don't, and both sets are equally crazy when it comes to what they think is right or wrong.

My suggestion would be to educate yourself as best as you can and make a choice from there. Remember, anecdotal evidence should be taken with a grain of salt, so when moms on here either say their kids were fine (like I did) or that their kids are not fine, it's just anecdotal. Good luck in whatever you decide.

Kitschy
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I do not vaccinate, but I would never tell someone else that they shouldn't. I would recommend you do the research and find out what is best for your family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Thank you. Do you know of any unbiased sites that would be helpful?

Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

That is a personal choice that should be between you and your husband. I am pro-vaxx and have two sons that are incredibly healthy and have never had any adverse reactions, not even a fever or a sore spot, from a shot. My daughter in utero will also be vaxxed. However, you will never get an unbiased answer on this site. There are two types of people on here....those that vax and those that don't, and both sets are equally crazy when it comes to what they think is right or wrong.

My suggestion would be to educate yourself as best as you can and make a choice from there. Remember, anecdotal evidence should be taken with a grain of salt, so when moms on here either say their kids were fine (like I did) or that their kids are not fine, it's just anecdotal. Good luck in whatever you decide.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Why don't you wait until new baby is older, over 2, and then decide? Unless you are going to use outside care it won't be an issue until school anyway.

If I had had a boy I would have done this. My dd was on a delayed schedule and didn't get more than one at a time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:00 PM
That is something you need to research for yourself. If the doctor is saying no you may want to listen to his advice. Also the problems could continue to any other children in the future and get worse in the ones you have. FL.
laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Up to you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Is there a difference for boys & girls?

Quoting Anonymous:

Why don't you wait until new baby is older, over 2, and then decide? Unless you are going to use outside care it won't be an issue until school anyway.

If I had had a boy I would have done this. My dd was on a delayed schedule and didn't get more than one at a time.

Cmgmqmmom
by Sass Queen on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I would look at the CDC website, solely for the statistics. Someone mentioned Dr. Sears, and that is a great unbaised look as well. Also, look for the manufacturer's websites to see what is listed for side effects. It contains the same information as the inserts that come with the prepared vaccines the doctors receive.

Do not let fear dictate that you do or don't vaccinate. It's a hard thing to do when you are dealing with the health of your children.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you. Do you know of any unbiased sites that would be helpful?

Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)