Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i caught it from dh during sex

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
Posion ivy rash! He was out working in the yard and got it on his arms and hands. I was inside. I guess it didn't show up on him right away but now I have it on my chest and back. I've never had it before? Any suggestions?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Lol sorry no help
thecoffeefairy
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Benadryl ointment . It's drying mine up nicely.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
barneysaid
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:40 PM

no help here, but here's a bump!

DEJavu17
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Dude I had that shit last summer. It was bad. So bad I was given percocets at the ER because it felt like someone was scrubbing my face with fiberglass. Its now in my medical record "admit for poison ivy rash. Severe allergy". I have scars from it....so bad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Benadryl & Calamine lotion. Do not rub, scratch or hug anyone else. Wash your sheets and blankets twice. First with no soap, then with. Best wishes. I hate the damn stuff
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Benadryl makes me loopy. Last time I took it I put the milk in the dishwasher

Quoting Anonymous:

Benadryl & Calamine lotion. Do not rub, scratch or hug anyone else. Wash your sheets and blankets twice. First with no soap, then with. Best wishes. I hate the damn stuff

DEJavu17
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Try an oatmeal bath. Make sure you wash ALL clothing that you or he has worn. Sanitize EVERYTHING he or you have touched. Even if the rash clears up you can get it again from the oils being on anything. It only takes the amount the size of a needle point to cause a reaction. You may want to call your doc and get a prescription for prednisone (steroid) to help dry it up, and if that doesn't work they have a shot. Good luck. I really know how bad this sucks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:48 PM
OP, you and hubs both need to wash for like 20 minutes with NO soap. Poison ivy oil is not water or soap soluble. Wash with warm water rubbing downward to remove as much oil as possible anytime its messed with. it's best to dry arms and hands with paper towels after because the PI oil can transfer to sheets towels and stuff and give it to you again even after Multi washings
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Try a half dose then. It really is the best.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

elijahXmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:53 PM

get the cream

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured