Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm an alcoholic and need withdrawal suggestions

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Please don't bash.

I have started alcohol withdrawals. Today is almost the second day without a drink, and I hurt so bad all over. I'm starting to shake and twitch, and my head hurts so bad. Are there any foods, drinks, or helpful ideas to make this eadier and less painful?

Please don't bash me. I truly need help.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Replies (41-49):
CoastieWifey83
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Can you pm me?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elfling811
by Niki on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:52 PM
But your kids need a healthy mama who is still alive. Alcohol withdrawal is a very serious medical condition. Is there any family that can take your kids for a week or so while you detox in a hospital? You don't necessarily have to go to an actual rehab. You can go to AA meetings after you detox in a hospital. PM me if you would like help in researching your options.

*hugs*

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't go to a rehab with my responsibikities with mu kids

Quoting Jessie3398:

I was a very heavy drinker for 10 years....ive been sober almost 3 months now but i experienced no withdrawal symptoms at all. I did detox in rehab an they had me on a medication called naltraxone (sp?) which may have been why. Good luck hun its hard but worth it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MzShorty787
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:52 PM
No advice but sending prayers good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Hydrate. That's the big thing. And you AHVE to make yourself eat something every few hours. You don't have the alcohol supporting your bloodsugar levels, so keep small snacks handy. DO NOT take any aspirin products or aleve. Use Ibuprofen sparingly for the headache...but it will let up as you hydrate. Your best bet to help your system right now, is protein. Small amounts to start though...you don't wanna puke. A hardboiled egg, or a small amount of refried beans with chips for dipping. Things like that. Most of my family has been through this at some point. If you get to puking more than twice a day, get looked at so you can make sure you aren't dehydrating too quick or having some other issue with your liver or something.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:53 PM
He is here but has to go to work at 3am. If there's a way to get through it without medical intervention I would rather do it. I woukd be humiliated to go into a hospital and tell people I have a problem like this

Quoting Anonymous:

You can't NOT go to the ER because of your kids. Where is their father(s)?

Quoting Anonymous:

This heavy, for about a year and a half. Anywhere from 5 to 15 drinks a night

Quoting Anonymous:

Depending on how much you drink and for how long, cold turkey withdrawal is extremely dangerous. You need to have medical supervision to avoid seizures and dangerous electrolyte imbalance.

I hope you're not watching children. Go to the ER if it gets worse.

Jessie3398
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Im a widow hun but i ended up in the er cuz i fried my brain with alcohol....was there for 4 days and dyfs sent me to rehab.....it was that or lose my kids. Honestly best thing that happened to me :o/

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Jessie3398:

I was a very heavy drinker for 10 years....ive been sober almost 3 months now but i experienced no withdrawal symptoms at all. I did detox in rehab an they had me on a medication called naltraxone (sp?) which may have been why. Good luck hun its hard but worth it.

Jessie3398
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Theres a 2 week period of my life that I can't even remember at all. I actually may have experienced withdrawl and just not remember it.

Quoting Jessie3398:

Im a widow hun but i ended up in the er cuz i fried my brain with alcohol....was there for 4 days and dyfs sent me to rehab.....it was that or lose my kids. Honestly best thing that happened to me :o/

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Jessie3398:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:55 PM

You should be doing this under the watch of a physician.

Depending on how heavy a drinker you were (if you are able to) I'd suggest weaning yourself completely off over the course of a few weeks.

sheymann
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Call your doctor. You have NOTHING to be ashamed about. You recognized your problem and are working towards fixing it. That is something to be PROUD of. 

Alcohol withdrawl is a scary, dangerous thing. Even if you don't go to the ER, call your dr for recommedations on what to do.

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)