Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

? For moms of girls..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I'm going anon on this out of respect for my dd.

Well, my dd is currently 20 months. When she was an infant I noticed while I was changing her that she had no vaginal opening. I spoke with her pedi and they didn't really look at it. They just said it's a labial adhesion, it will open on its own blah blah blah. But today when I changed her I looked again and honestly it looks like she only has 1 labia and no vaginal opening. It doesnt look like the labia fused together and It just doesn't look right to me. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Should I be worried?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AshKerBear2013
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:30 PM
That's really odd
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Yes I knew a girl that was born like that. She had to have surgery to correct it when she was about 14-15. They had to wait for her to be close to full grown.
iheartmiboys
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:33 PM

I would. That just didn't sound right. I just had my first daughter and I double check everything while changing her. Anywho I will get another opinion. 

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Do you have an obstetrician you can consult with?
jillbailey26
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Here's an article about it.  

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:35 PM
See if you can get her in with a pediatric gynecologist.
wallmom1
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:38 PM

My dd had that when she was an infant too.  My dr. gave me a hormonal cream to put on her when I changed her and in a week or two it opened. I would be worried about an infection. I would talk to the dr. again or even your ob. Don't worry too much, but I would maybe ask another dr.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I would get a second opinion. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:45 PM

I think I am going to switch pediatricians anyway. They did tell me that it doesn't need to open until puberty when menstration starts, and if it's getting toward that time then we can start the hormonal cream.... so I just put it out of my mind. But today when I looked it it... it doesn't look like the two side are fused together. It looks like there's just no hole there. It also looks like she only has 1 labia. I'm not sure if that's normal or not. 

Quoting wallmom1:

My dd had that when she was an infant too.  My dr. gave me a hormonal cream to put on her when I changed her and in a week or two it opened. I would be worried about an infection. I would talk to the dr. again or even your ob. Don't worry too much, but I would maybe ask another dr.

wallmom1
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:40 PM

My dd wasn't completely closed either. But it just wasn't right, if you know what I mean. It was painless and really no big deal. Just applied the cream, and it opened up, I just don't think I would let it go, but that is just me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)