Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The $2 way to fake being pregnant

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 72 Replies
1 mom liked this

I've never done nor do I endorse this, but something occurred to me while we were tracking my cycles to TTC our second born...

In my experience, Ovulation Predictor Kits almost always show a second line anytime of the month (especially with first morning urine) and most just have the brand name on them.  What makes an OPK positive is whether or not the test line is darker than the control line, not just the presence of a second line.  On a HPT, any second line indicates a positive. 

To the naked male eye, there is no difference between a Home Pregnancy Test and Ovulation Predictor Kit.  That means any broad could walk into a dollar store and buy both the HPT and OPK, then swap them out.  Voila! "See that second line?  I'M PREGNANT!" 

Kind of scary, huh?  Get the word out.  If you have a guy friend/son/family member making life decisions based on a positive pregnancy test, insist that he confirms the pregnancy with a doctor.

Just a very dangerous thought.  For the record, I already have my desired DH and children.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Another repeat post....wth
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:38 PM
4 moms liked this

rockin2_manyMOM
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:39 PM
15 moms liked this

LOL OMG I could so screw with my husband.....

sidesplittinglaughter

Thanks!

paganmommy4

It makes me sad to be female because I know women like this.. Check this out.. Before I met df, he dated a few women and he did use condoms with her ( which sucked I guess cause he doesnt really have any feeling at all) so I found an old one still in the wrapper and threw it out cause we dont need those ( im fixed for now) and when i was looking at it, i saw tiny pinholes in the wrapper.. It made me sick to my stomach that a chick he trusted would do such a thing

UnFFnStoppable4
Don't encourage the crazies!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:40 PM
2 moms liked this
Thanks for this PSA...is this really an issue? I don't think there are that many psychos tricking men into Believing they are pregnant. I mean, what's the end game here? By 5 or 6 months, the gigs up lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Deja vu....
Tinabee88
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Most opk's say LH though not HCG.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redhead-bedhead
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:40 PM

I knew that because my hubs found one of my opks and thought it was a hpt.

Poor guy was so excited.

otoole
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:40 PM

waow. but how many girls know how that test works?? i didn't know how it workd til i just read this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN