Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

photographers

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies
Have you found your niche? What is it? What is your favorite piece of equipment? What was your last photography related purchase?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2ameira
by captain underpants on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:58 PM
You'll get a lot of "iPhone photographers"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Yeah well you dont get responses in the photography groups. They aren't active.

And a fellow photographer took a gorgeous sun flare shot with her iPhone last week. I was shocked at how good it was.

Quoting mama2ameira:

You'll get a lot of "iPhone photographers"

VannaMae307
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:05 PM

this group is full of "experts", here's a bump for you

stephiebugg
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:07 PM

I'm just a "around the house" photographer- I take a bazillion pics of my kids and stuff, but I'm not a professional. I've never even taken a photography class or anything.
I wish I had a SLR camera, my mom let me use her digital SLR when my camera got lost and I didn't know the first thing about using it (shutter speed, and all that technical business), but the pics were SO good. Made my kids look like little models. LOL :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:08 PM
My niche is maternity. I bought a 1.4 lens in February. Gotta love that shallow depth of field
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Aww! If you ever do get one, you can learn. Its a process but its worth it. :)

Quoting stephiebugg:

I'm just a "around the house" photographer- I take a bazillion pics of my kids and stuff, but I'm not a professional. I've never even taken a photography class or anything.
I wish I had a SLR camera, my mom let me use her digital SLR when my camera got lost and I didn't know the first thing about using it (shutter speed, and all that technical business), but the pics were SO good. Made my kids look like little models. LOL :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:12 PM
I love my 50mm 1.4 too! Do you shoot canon or Nikon?

I don't know yet what my niche is. I'm working on figuring it out.

Quoting Anonymous:

My niche is maternity. I bought a 1.4 lens in February. Gotta love that shallow depth of field

stephiebugg
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Yeah, that digital one was amazing. The sad part is, my stepdad bought it for my mom because she wanted a nice camera. She won't use it because it's too big and bulky and she's afraid to break it. So it sits in her closet. It's so sad.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting stephiebugg:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:14 PM
That is sad. Mine is used almost daily.

Quoting stephiebugg:

Yeah, that digital one was amazing. The sad part is, my stepdad bought it for my mom because she wanted a nice camera. She won't use it because it's too big and bulky and she's afraid to break it. So it sits in her closet. It's so sad.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting stephiebugg:

Ashes0813
by Candice on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:15 PM
I have a Nikon d90, but it's really just a hobby. My favorite piece is my 18-200mm lens. I think the last thing I bought was another battery.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)