Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

'Agnostics are just Athiests Without Balls'

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:07 PM
  • 71 Replies
2 moms liked this

- Stephen Colbert

Agree or Disagree?

I can't decide whether I agree or not....... but it did make me chuckle.

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsApple
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:08 PM
3 moms liked this

Disagree.I'm Agnostic.I'm not afraid to say that I don't believe in God,it's just that I don't have enough evidence to say that he does or he doesn't.It could be more that one God.No one knows.

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:11 PM

bump

ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:12 PM
3 moms liked this

I love him, and that's funny, but I do disagree.

I'm agnostic. Atheists believe there is no divine entity or energy. Religious folks believe there is. Agnostics believe that at this point there is no definitive evidence one way or the other, and that the best thing to do is to keep an open mind to both and be humble enough to admit we don't have all the answers.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:13 PM
3 moms liked this
*swipes forehead* I don't want balls anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Quoting ImNotKarl:

I'm agnostic. Atheists believe there is no divine entity or energy. Religious folks believe there is. Agnostics believe that at this point there is no definitive evidence one way or the other, and that the best thing to do is to keep an open mind to both and be humble enough to admit we don't have all the answers.

I hear you.. although I do think it's possible to be an athiest.. well I guess anything and still admit that you don't have all the answers.

Open mindedness is always good.

I love Stephen Colbert too :)

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:16 PM
3 moms liked this
I disagree.
Agnostics have the intellectual honesty to admit there's no evidence and therefore they cannot claim the non-existence pf a deity. Atheists commit the logical fallacy of thinking lack of evidence means evidence of the contrary.
ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Right, but the fundemental belief is that there is no higher power, god(s), or divine power/entity/energy. There is no afterlife. I don't see atheism as a lack of faith, more like faith in the fact that there is nothing. Religious people have faith that there is something. Both rely on faith in their beliefs, again, without enough evidence to conclusively prove that they are correct. As an agnostic, I say I don't know either way. My husband is atheist and is positive that there is no god, without conclusive, compelling evidence. Most of my family is religious. Same thing. They think there is. Without hard proof.

Quoting IandLoveandYou:

Quoting ImNotKarl:

I hear you.. although I do think it's possible to be an athiest.. well I guess anything and still admit that you don't have all the answers.

Open mindedness is always good.

I love Stephen Colbert too :)

My tummy had the rumblies that only hands could satisfy.
ashleyrenee24
by 2ne1 on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Disagree.

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Not true, but funny
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
anotherhalf
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:31 PM
I don't even know what I am. I don't believe there is a divine power but I know I could be wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)