Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can every black person

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Sing? Sorry if that's racist but I have never heard a black person sing like shit

Is anyone offended by this?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Replies (61-70):
apollothor
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

No, they can't all sing -- I've heard some who can't carry a tune. My Jamaican-American ex-boyfriend can't sing but he makes a delicious chicken soup.

nelliesmommy
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:29 PM

No, I can't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:29 PM

You haven't heard my voice yet lol!!!!!!! I sound like the scratching on a chalk board.

petitekatie
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:31 PM

lmfao. i remember that. Now it's playing in my head.

Quoting sorcha1945:

Any one can suck at singing.  I remember some years ago during the American Idol audition time there was this one black guy singing let my people go, it was so so so terrible it was litterally funny.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Idk, I sure wish I could sing! Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:31 PM
When they rap, they just talk really fast. It's kind of hard to suck at talking.
Megara
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:31 PM
I know plenty of black people who can't sing (some with recording contracts). I also know plenty of fat people and ugly people who can sing. Your vocal chords don't care what your face looks like.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Did you name your kid after nelly or Nellie furtado. My name is demmi (Demi Moore) lol

Quoting nelliesmommy:

No, I can't.

TeamTARDIS
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Man I got stuck with racist vocal chords, just my luck! They know I'm not black so they refuse to carry a tune!

*pouts*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Their is always this black joke thing like they will be rocking the chiors in heaven. It is just jokes. If the truth be told they can't all sing but they sure have a lot of soul. I have heard other ethnic groups that I feel sing with soul as well. I won't say that the question was stupid, I don't feel that people should say that. I just think she wanted to know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)