Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Remarrying your ex DH?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies

Has anyone done this or known someone who has?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:21 PM
No I have not and no I dont.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DuchessScrat
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:22 PM

My parents reconciled 7 years after divorcing.  But, never remarried each other.  They have been back together happy for 12 years now.  I'd prefer that remarry, but it's not my decision.

Val99
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Every person I know who did this got divorced from them a aecond time.  There was  reason they were an ex.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I worked with a lady that married a guy 3 times. Divorced him twice. They had kids together. She would divorce him. He would straighten up. They would get married. He messed up. Divorce. Straighten up. And married. I haven't heard from her since the last marriage. 

Leobaby2007
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes. My exboyfriend's mother married her second husband twice...and divorced him twice lol. No children resulted from the union (she had already had two sons from her first marriage).

My mom's friend and her husband got divroced after the birth of their first daughter. They reconciled a few years later, and they got remarried and had three more daughters. They are still together and they have 3 or 4 grandchildren now.

It happens. Sometimes it works out, and sometimes it doesn't.

kayleesmom42328
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:28 PM
My sister remarried he ex in feb 2011 he abandoned her & their daughter that July. She just got divorce finalized a couple months ago. He lie & said he changed, but he didn't. He was still the same jerk!
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:28 PM

My Uncle married my 2nd Aunt twice. They are still FWB even though she is remarried to someone else. SMDH. He almost married her a third time as well.

I say 2nd Aunt because he was married to my Aunt B most of my childhood. Then he married Aunt N and they were married for most of my teens years. Then they divorced and he remarried Aunt N when I was around 18. They were married for a couple of years and divorced again. Now they are FWB and he dates girls my age.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:28 PM

My paternal grand parents got divorced when my dad was a tween. my grandpa went to prison. i think my dad was over 21 when he got out and they remarried. 

Quoting DuchessScrat:

My parents reconciled 7 years after divorcing.  But, never remarried each other.  They have been back together happy for 12 years now.  I'd prefer that remarry, but it's not my decision.

mhaney03
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:28 PM

my ex wants to.

NO.

jacandjay
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Yes. They actually did it twice... would I ?! Hell nah!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN