Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ideas anyone??? Please Share

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

*** Homemade Febreze ***

What you'll need:
1/8 Cup of fabric softener (I used Downy April Fresh)
2 tablespoons Baking Soda
Hot tap water
Spray bottle (I used my empty 27 oz. Febreze bottle)

Preparation:
Using a funnel, pour fabric softener and baking soda into your spray bottle. Fill spray bottle with hot tap water and shake well. Don't forget to twist the nozzle over to the LOCK position if you're using a Febreze bottle, or you might fall on your hiney. Now go spray every fabric surface in your house and take a nap on your very comfortable and now un-stinky couch. :)

Store-bought Febreze: $5.59
Homemade Febreze: $0.15
Total Savings: $5.44 OR 97.3%!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

jacandjay
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Ive seen this going around on fb
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:40 PM

MEXICAN CHICKEN~ Low Carb

1 pound boneless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon Seasoning for Tacos ( I would make my own not the per-seasoned one )
Salt, to taste
1/2 cup enchilada sauce ( look for low carb and sugar on labels )
4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
3 green onions, chopped
Sprinkle the chicken on both sides with taco seasoning; grill or sauté. Cut the chicken into cubes and place in a greased 8x8" baking dish; season with salt to taste. Add the enchilada sauce and toss to coat the chicken. Sprinkle the cheese over the chicken and bake at 350º for 10-20 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Scatter the green onions over the top.
Makes 4 servings
Can be frozen
Per Serving: 266 Calories; 12g Fat; 33g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Banana Bread In-A-Jar. If you put a canning lid on them when they first come out of the oven, they seal, and they will stay good for about two months. I've given my parents dessert in a jar for Christmas for years. I do pumpkin bread, carrot cake, and applesauce cake. You can do it with any moist bread or cake
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

PIZZA BALLS
Ingredients:

3 cans Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits (10 ct)
60 pepperoni slices (2 per biscuit)
Block of cheese (Colby/Monterey Jack or Chedder)
1 beaten egg
Parmesan Cheese
Italian Seasoning
Garlic Powder
1 jar pizza sauce

Directions:

Slice cheese into approx. 28 squares. Flatten each biscuit and stack pepperoni and cheese on top (Like in the picture) Gather edges of biscuit and secure on top of the roll. Line rolls in greased 9x13 pan Brush with beaten egg. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Bake at 425 degrees F. for 18 to 20 mins. Serve with warm pizza sauce for dipping. ENJOY!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

i love banna bread am goign to have to try this!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Banana Bread In-A-Jar. If you put a canning lid on them when they first come out of the oven, they seal, and they will stay good for about two months. I've given my parents dessert in a jar for Christmas for years. I do pumpkin bread, carrot cake, and applesauce cake. You can do it with any moist bread or cake

mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:43 PM
3 moms liked this
1/2 c salt
1/2 c flour
1/4 c water ( give or take )
mix together, roll, press adults hand in first, then childs hand :)
bake @ 100 degrees for 3 hours

redneckmama4
by Loree on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Eh, that stuff messes my nose holes up. I use vinegar.

Redneck hippie mama to four rowdy farm kids. My husband has tagged along my awesome journey for 14 years this month and we enjoy the simple and natural life. Ask about my rockin' blog giveaway...check it out!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:46 PM

5 Weight Loss Smoothies You Wouldn't Imagine That Aid in Fast Weight Loss Here are a couple of surprising Detox smoothies you may not have imagined, that can help you on your way to Quick weight loss!

Peanut butter and banana, this is a delicious, energy boosting smoothie, but the secret is in the amount of protein it provides, it will make you feel full and energized, so it is perfect before you go to the gym or in early in the morning to start the day! Take it instead of one meal per day. Do not over do it.
• Half of one banana • 1/2 cup smooth or crunchy low-fat peanut butter • 1/2 cup of almond milk

Mocha Smoothie Oh, el chocolate!
This is the perfect smoothie to feed those sweet cravings, and is still completely healthy. Take it in the afternoon or in the morning, all things in moderation!
• 1/2 cup of low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt • 1 shot of espresso • 2 teaspoons of raw cocoa

Watermelon Smoothie Now, here is a smoothie you can’t go wrong with! Watermelon is approx. 90% water, and it is so low in calories and fat, you will want to drink this all day long.
• 6 cups of chopped seedless watermelon • 1 cup of lemon sherbet, almond milk, or low-fat vanilla yogurt

Perfect Detox Blueberries Smoothie
Blueberries are very high in antioxidants so trust me, you want to eat them all day long, and here is a perfect way to boost your metabolism early in the morning. It might be a little complicated, but definitely worth it.
• 1/2 banana • 1/2 tablespoon of flaxseed oil or Coconut oil • 1/4 cup of frozen or fresh blueberries • Honey • 1 teaspoon of psyllium seed husks or Flax seed (optional) • 8 ounces of water

Mango-Avocado Smoothie Ok, don’t freak out, this is actually one of the best sources of good fat and it also gives the smoothie an amazing texture. This is a tropical treat that will embrace your mood and energy to the maximum level, this is a must try, that will eventually become a daily treat!
• 1/4 cup cubed mangoes • 1/4 cup of ripe mashed avocado • 1/2 cup of natural mango juice • 1/4 cup of fat-free vanilla yogurt or almond milk • 1 tablespoon of lime juice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Flubber

Mixture 1:

1 ½ cups warm water

2 cups Elmer’s Glue

Food coloring

Mixture 2:

3 tsp. Borax

1 cup Warm Water

Stir mixture 1 together in 1 bowl.

Mixture 2 in another bowl.

Make sure both are mixed well.

Pour mixture 1 into mixture 2.

There is no need to stir the mixture but you can if you want because it is the chemical reaction that actually makes the flubber. When it is in a glob work it for 2-3 minutes. Initially it feels wet but it eventually dries up to the final product.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)