Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Soooo mad at MIL

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:44 PM
  • 8 Replies

I am sooo mad at my mil right now.  Ugh!  My dh is out of town so I had to have mil watch my kids tonight while I worked.  I specifically told her that my oldest dd has state testing tomorrow and that she needs to go to bed early.  Also, it's pretty dang obvious that tomorrow is a school day so you'd think she would have the sense to get them to bed early anyways.  They are 6 and 9, btw.  Well, I get off work at 10 and go to her house to pick them up, debating whether to leave them there or bring them home.  I am assuming they will be asleep when I walk in.  (Her house is literally a few minutes from our house.)  When I walk in, however, she is watching TV in her room.  She tells me if I want I can sit on her bed so we can talk.  I then see our youngest walk in the room.  I ask if Kylie (9 yo, who has the testing tomorrow) is up or asleep.  She's still up!  It's after 10 at night on a school night and she is still up!  Ugh!  I was so furious.  I grabbed their stuff, told them to get their shoes on, and we left so fast.  I can't believe she let them stay up so late.  Ugh!  Thanks, ladies, for letting me rant.  Also, I know this is CM and I will get bashed.  I really don't care at this point.  Thanks for listening ladies.  

I am a busy working mom to two very active girls.  I love my kids, play on the floor in the fort with them, take them to the park, and love them always!  I can't imagine life without them!

school bus       school bus

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
smurfbitebug
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this
*somersaults through the post nekkid*

*flippity flop, flippity flop*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Momtogirls0823
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:47 PM

LOLOL!  Thanks, smurfbitebug!  I needed that!  

ElizabethGracie
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:49 PM

What time did you want them in bed? I feel like they most likely would have woken up when you took them home anyway.Why didn't you ask her to watch them at your house so they could gone have to bed early in their own beds?

CafeMom Tickers

"Live as if you have faith and faith will be given to you"

Momtogirls0823
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:01 AM

I've brought them home asleep from her house before and they've stayed asleep.  That's usually on  Friday night, though. The thing is she also has to watch my niece, who is 4.  So I don't know if they would have been asleep at home, either.  My niece is still up that late, too.  I know it's bad.  I am really going to seriously consider getting a new job where I don't work late.  I work retail so it's inevitable.  I see now I can't rely on her to get them to bed early.  I wish I had thought to switch shifts with someone or just asked off for today so I could have been home with them.  I just thought she'd at least have that much sense, kwim?  Oh I forgot one thing.  Their bedtime on school nights is 9.  They get in bed to wind down at 8 or 8:30.  That's nowhere near 10 pm.

Quoting Momtogirls0823:

I am sooo mad at my mil right now.  Ugh!  My dh is out of town so I had to have mil watch my kids tonight while I worked.  I specifically told her that my oldest dd has state testing tomorrow and that she needs to go to bed early.  Also, it's pretty dang obvious that tomorrow is a school day so you'd think she would have the sense to get them to bed early anyways.  They are 6 and 9, btw.  Well, I get off work at 10 and go to her house to pick them up, debating whether to leave them there or bring them home.  I am assuming they will be asleep when I walk in.  (Her house is literally a few minutes from our house.)  When I walk in, however, she is watching TV in her room.  She tells me if I want I can sit on her bed so we can talk.  I then see our youngest walk in the room.  I ask if Kylie (9 yo, who has the testing tomorrow) is up or asleep.  She's still up!  It's after 10 at night on a school night and she is still up!  Ugh!  I was so furious.  I grabbed their stuff, told them to get their shoes on, and we left so fast.  I can't believe she let them stay up so late.  Ugh!  Thanks, ladies, for letting me rant.  Also, I know this is CM and I will get bashed.  I really don't care at this point.  Thanks for listening ladies.  

I am a busy working mom to two very active girls.  I love my kids, play on the floor in the fort with them, take them to the park, and love them always!  I can't imagine life without them!

school bus       school bus

smurfbitebug
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:04 AM
;)

Quoting Momtogirls0823:

LOLOL!  Thanks, smurfbitebug!  I needed that!  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:39 AM

At 9 years old, she should be responsible for knowing she has to get into bed on time, espeically since they are having state testing the next day.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:41 AM

In the grand scheme of life do you really think this is a big deal? Guess, what? It's soooo not.

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:04 AM

Oh I was expecting much worse from the title, lol.

She probably just had a lot going on with the 4yr old there, too. Sucks, and I agree they should be in bed on time on any school night let alone a test night, but worse things have happened :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)