Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

shoes would u shop there again?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
I bought these nice pair of new balances in Nov. From shoe carnival. I wear the same pair of shoes everyday for the most part. I was taking my shoes off at the Y and notice both shoes had holes in them. I was sooo annoyed because I'm sooo broke right now new shoes are out of the question. Then I found the receipt in the garage because I never throw shoe boxes away. (The kids always have project that require shoe boxes at school. ) I called shoe carnival and they told me to come in. They exchanged them for the same pair but a different color plus the clerk gave me $5.40 on mu debit card. I was sooo excited. This isn't the first time this yr I have done something like that its actually about the 3rd time. So I am trying to figure out if I should shop there anymore I mean on one had I shouldn't have to return shoes every couple of months but on the other my husband owns more shoes then me and I should just be happy they allow me to make returns this often. What do you all think?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:29 AM

How did new shoes get holes? wtf

TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:35 AM
2 moms liked this

So you have been wearing the same shoes almost every day for about 5 months....they get a hole in them....and you think it is a factory issue and NOT from USE??!!  I can't believe the store allows you to return well-worn shoes.

PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Where are the holes?  There is a pay-less near me that puts those damn security things that normally go on clothing in the shoes.  They will puncture the shoes too. The hole doesn't go away.  I won't buy shoes from there any more because all the shoes are permanently damaged.

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Quoting TableforSeven:

So you have been wearing the same shoes almost every day for about 5 months....they get a hole in them....and you think it is a factory issue and NOT from USE??!!  I can't believe the store allows you to return well-worn shoes.

Oh jeez....I thought that said "now" and not Nov.! That's pretty gross to wear the same shoes all the time like that. I bet they are mad stank!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Hey I went in thinking no way are they going to take these back being as they are 5m old is it really my fualt that they did?

Quoting TableforSeven:

TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:46 AM

No, it isn't your fault that the store took them back.  Though I can't believe they are stupid enough to do it.

Hwne y wear shoes....they wear out, get holes, etc -- that's life.  The fact that you would even think about taking shoes back when the "flaw" is almost certainly from use is ridiculous to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hey I went in thinking no way are they going to take these back being as they are 5m old is it really my fualt that they did?

Quoting TableforSeven:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Umm no I wear socks they looked new with the exception of the holes on either side above the pinky toe. I wear them everyday but being as my workout is swimming I don't sweat in my shoes. So they don't stink.

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting TableforSeven:

Oh jeez....I thought that said "now" and not Nov.! That's pretty gross to wear the same shoes all the time like that. I bet they are mad stank!

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:47 AM
2 moms liked this

I would expect them to last more than 5 months... I wore my Sketchers to work every day because they were work issued and they lasted 2 years, I never got any holes in them, they just started to look worn out

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:49 AM
I didn't think about it until I was looking through the garage for my kids shorts from last yr and saw the box with the receipt. I figured hey if I actually still have the receipt with the box then it has to be a sign I should give it a try.

Quoting TableforSeven:

No, it isn't your fault that the store took them back.  Though I can't believe they are stupid enough to do it.

Hwne y wear shoes....they wear out, get holes, etc -- that's life.  The fact that you would even think about taking shoes back when the "flaw" is almost certainly from use is ridiculous to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TableforSeven:

thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this

ethics meow, do you have any?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured