Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

a kindergarten teachers actions outside school

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 127 Replies

I am a mother to a 5 year old son who begins kindergarten this coming school year.i am in college right now and also a full time employee as a waitress at a popular bar&grill. Well there is this girl who is one of my co-workers there, she works part time at the bar, like weekends and also is a kindergarten teacher at one of our public schools. well she has an extremely bad drinking issue, i am not playing this up and i am all for anyone in any professions deserving of a night out but she has...issues. she will drink until she is barfing all over herself, passed out in our back kitchen hallways, sleeping with random guys. really just reminds me of an out of control 16 year old girl. she is super lazy at my work but its not really the deal i was just thinking, my son will be starting kindergarten soon, how would i feel,knowing her actions on the weekends and any days off she can get, acting SO ridiculous, actually smelling like barf and BO the next day because she hasn't showered. this obviously has to impact her teaching to these kids? well its been kinda bothering me, just curious about other moms opinions about this, if you knew this about your kids teacher would it bug you or you wouldn't really care?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2013 at 4:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SageAdvice
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 4:56 AM
10 moms liked this

what she does off the clock away from school is NO ones business. If she drinks on the clock at school it is.

twade26
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 4:56 AM

I would definitely care but unless she is drinking while teaching there is not much you can do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2013 at 4:58 AM

i can understand, at first i was shocked but, thought as you. but i've been working here a year and she just really amazes me, like wow you teach little kids? hell, maybe she gets it together by monday morning.

Quoting SageAdvice:

what she does off the clock away from school is NO ones business. If she drinks on the clock at school it is.

stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 4:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes I would care! She is in a job where she should be a good example to others. Maybe you should turn her in...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:01 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree.  I live in the "Bible Belt" and a good friend teaches at the local public high school.  Their policy is that teachers cannot be seen drinking or purchasing alcohol.  If she and her husband want to purchase a bottle of wine, she sends him to a neighboring county.  It's ridiculous.

Quoting SageAdvice:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:01 AM
1 mom liked this

i guess it just bothers me because i have a son who will begin kindergarten soon and my heart would break if he had a teacher who acts as inappropriately as her so it does hit close to home, it makes me feel sad.

Quoting stickyfingers:

Yes I would care! She is in a job where she should be a good example to others. Maybe you should turn her in...

QuirkyMom26
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:02 AM

That seems extreme. While it's probably not the norm. to agree with her out of school lifestyle, I don't think anyone should step the boundary to possibly have her job taken away from her. 

Quoting stickyfingers:

RaevynEvermore
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:03 AM
3 moms liked this
Omg are you serious? As long as she is a good teacher and is not drinking while around the children you need to butt out of her business.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:03 AM
1 mom liked this

well i wasn't talking that strict but she acts really inappropriate

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree.  I live in the "Bible Belt" and a good friend teaches at the local public high school.  Their policy is that teachers cannot be seen drinking or purchasing alcohol.  If she and her husband want to purchase a bottle of wine, she sends him to a neighboring county.  It's ridiculous.

Quoting SageAdvice:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:04 AM

i am NOT "in" her business, she puts is ALL out there for anyone and everyone to see. I wasnt asking should i  start a war, just wondering how people would feel.

Quoting RaevynEvermore:

Omg are you serious? As long as she is a good teacher and is not drinking while around the children you need to butt out of her business.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)