Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Engaged but still married to another.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this

Long story short my husband and I are invited to a wedding overseas. My husband is the best man. We are trying to get our finances together to go because the wedding is taking place at a rather pricey resort. Well yesterday my husband says that his friend called him distressed. His fiance is pushing for this wedding which is this year in the summer. The problem is he is not divorced from his first wife. His ex. just lost someone close to her. He doesn't want to bring up the papers to her because she has been sitting on them for a long time and refuse to sign. My DH advised him to postpone the wedding until he gets the divorce. He thought that he was divorced already. I couldn't say a thing I just said hey if they are not divorced by the time the date comes and we have already paid for the trip then we will just have a nice vacation.

I just think his fiance needs to slow down and let the ink dry on his divorce papers before persuing a wedding. What do you think?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jennyanne322
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:31 AM
2 moms liked this
Yeah I never got the get divorced and have a quick wedding right after thing. Most of the time it just shows that the couple hasn't been together all that long and probably have a doomed marriage from the get go.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:31 AM
My friend is engaged to her high school sweetheart... he happens to still be married and can't even file for divorce until they go through a 6 month separation.. they have 4 months left.. I told her its not a wise choice and all they do is fight about his divorce which I've told her is non of her business... but to each their own I guess!
jbirdsladie27
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:33 AM
The friend should s l o w down a bit
Val99
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:34 AM
2 moms liked this

That is crazy.  If he is keeping his marital state from his fiance they don't have much of a relationship to begin with.

SageAdvice
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it's tacky and just plain WRONG to get engaged while still married.

LilliesValley
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:35 AM
They definitely need to slow down. Why so quick? she afraid he's going to stop and think about things? that's just silly. Why would he want to rush into things anyway? doesn't make sense on so many levels. I think your dh needs to tell his friend you are passing on the trip because the whole situation sounds unsteady.
kagegirl
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:35 AM
In my case, so has been seperared from his wufe since they were married. Only reason i am not his fiance is because HE is sitting on the divirce paperz and i refuse to be taken for a fool. He wants me? He will make it happen. Since he hasnt, i have startd to bevone emotionally detached. If he wants his woman, he will get on his wufe to sign them
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:40 AM

I feel for the bride to be. Your dhs friend is a scam. How on earth can you be engaged and planning a wedding when you are stilled married.

Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:41 AM

If they are not divorced than they can't be engaged.Sorry but that's just the way it works.And planning a wedding when a divorce isn't even final is stupid as all get out.

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this

That's what happens when you start new business when you already have unfinished business.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN