Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wtf is wrong with you people?

Posted by   + Show Post
Why does everyone think that forcing a child to get an abortion is legal? You like the internet, google the damn law! You can NOT force your child, however young they are, to abort a baby. That is their choice, so suck up their decision! A child in TX is legally emancipated when they are pregnant. That means you have nooo sayy. This is true in almost all states. But in the US as a whole, it is still illegal for you.to force abortion on a child.

Clarification:****
Yes, it is illegal to force a.child into abortion.
And immoral, but i dont see any of you so called mothers having morals.

Dont twist.my words, you're an idiot if you can't argue with me w.o making shi# up.

Im not saying you have no emotional control over your child, im sure you can talk you child into jumping off a bridge if you wanted to im saying you are wrong for this and you need to respect your.child's decisions, they will learn.

Noone said 13... I said 'child'. Unless 13 is the only age a child is and im just completely unaware of this.

Dont fkn message me!

And no, i was 18 when i got pregnant. My parents were happy. I support myself. My husband does too.

Last but not least... Your not the ruler of your daughters vag, she is.

Update!!!!! Page 12.
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Replies (21-30):
Lizardannie1966
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Here's to hoping that many of these lovelies that would even suggest as the person did in the first post to this thread has are simply doing it for show. That they're not truly that heartless or uncaring and realize that when a child becomes pregnant, it's really no longer about THEM.

There are sucky people in this world, OP. Sucky people who don't stop and really t-h-i-n-k before acting or making attempts to do something like force a child to have an abortion.

DEJavu17
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Orange Peanuts?!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Val99
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

You can influence the child through other means than "force".  Do you believe that you have control over other medical issues when your child is a minor?

BTW:  Your "facts" about Texas are suspect.  Here is an answer from a lawyer in Texas on this very issue:

The Texas Family Code is on-line and can be located by using any major search engine.

Look for Chapter 31 in the Texas Family Code.

Basically, on rare occasions, a 17-year-old (or even a 16-year-old) may be sufficiently INDEPENDENT and SELF-SUPPORTING to be eligible for the limited removal of disabilities permitted by Chapter 31 of the Texas Family Code.  

Although the general rule within the State of Texas is that the minor will then have the power and the capacity of an adult, a wide variety of specific constitutional and statutory restrictions based on age will still remain in place - such as the ability to vote or to drink.

One 14-year-old emailed me asking if she got pregnant could she be emancipated.  The answer is NO-- she is not old enough under the law within the State of Texas and she does not qualify to even apply for emancipation.  Therefore, she would be a minor child with a baby (who is also a minor child).  Both she and her child would have to follow her parent's rules.  I don't suggest pregnancy as a way to escape your parental control since it won't work!

Quoting nnjohnson:

Why does everyone think that forcing a child to get an abortion is legal? You like the internet, google the damn law! You can NOT force your child, however young they are, to abort a baby. That is their choice, so suck up their decision! A child in TX is legally emancipated when they are pregnant. That means you have nooo sayy. This is true in almost all states. But in the US as a whole, it is still illegal for you.to force abortion on a child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this
You cannot force an abortion but I'd highly recommend it.
momto3B
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:13 AM
3 moms liked this

If your 13 year old "child" is "deciding" to keep a baby, you have clearly screwed up badly as a parent. She may not "want' to have an abortion, but that fact alone speaks to her mental and emotional state.

If my 13 year old did not want to go to the dentist, have her appendix out or be treated for depression or cancer, I would certainly force the issue. In my universe, a 13 year old having a baby is NOT AN OPTION BECAUSE IT IS NOT GOOD FOR HER.

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:14 AM

EPIC anon is EPIC

Quoting Anonymous:

nnjohnson
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:14 AM
This actually is true in tx. Considering im a law student,.i should probably know. but (especially now days when everyones getting pregnant) there.has been plenty of times that a parent could not do anything about their 14/15yo moving out bc of their pregnancy. The police,nor judge could force them back home.

Quoting Anonymous:

that isn't true in texas if under the age of 18. the baby is the teenager.responsibility, but the teenager is still the parents. however no one can force a person of any age to get abortion

AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Just read that in his voice.

Quoting Anonymous:

angevil53
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:16 AM
I wouldn't force an abortion but if she chose to keep the kid she can figure it out. I'm not saying i won't help her but i will not raise another child that i did not choose to have. So gl with that at 13.
angevil53
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:18 AM
A law student eh? I'm pretty sure anon is right. That's how it is in mo too. They aren't legally emancipated until the court says so.

Quoting nnjohnson:

This actually is true in tx. Considering im a law student,.i should probably know. but (especially now days when everyones getting pregnant) there.has been plenty of times that a parent could not do anything about their 14/15yo moving out bc of their pregnancy. The police,nor judge could force them back home.

Quoting Anonymous:

that isn't true in texas if under the age of 18. the baby is the teenager.responsibility, but the teenager is still the parents. however no one can force a person of any age to get abortion

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)