Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wtf is wrong with you people?

Posted by   + Show Post
Why does everyone think that forcing a child to get an abortion is legal? You like the internet, google the damn law! You can NOT force your child, however young they are, to abort a baby. That is their choice, so suck up their decision! A child in TX is legally emancipated when they are pregnant. That means you have nooo sayy. This is true in almost all states. But in the US as a whole, it is still illegal for you.to force abortion on a child.

Clarification:****
Yes, it is illegal to force a.child into abortion.
And immoral, but i dont see any of you so called mothers having morals.

Dont twist.my words, you're an idiot if you can't argue with me w.o making shi# up.

Im not saying you have no emotional control over your child, im sure you can talk you child into jumping off a bridge if you wanted to im saying you are wrong for this and you need to respect your.child's decisions, they will learn.

Noone said 13... I said 'child'. Unless 13 is the only age a child is and im just completely unaware of this.

Dont fkn message me!

And no, i was 18 when i got pregnant. My parents were happy. I support myself. My husband does too.

Last but not least... Your not the ruler of your daughters vag, she is.

Update!!!!! Page 12.
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Replies (231-239):
laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Someone show me the law in any state that says you have reproduction rights over your kids and can force an abortion.

I cannot find one state that allows forced abortion.

nnjohnson
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Again.. I never said they couldnt bully their child into abortion and lie to the.counselors.

Where did i say that? Please quote me.
And where did i say that it was illegal for a.child to be bullied into it?

It is, and i am in law school, thanks, illegal to openly force your childs legs apart and abort the baby. I have a friends mom in jail for the EXACT case.

Im done btw. Please stop spewing your ignorance and twisting my words into an argument you want, when we are on the same page and you.just cant get.it.through your head.

Quoting jessi2girls:

I know what the private counselers are for before you abort, I work with them dear. I see girls come in all the time they really don't want to abort, but won't admit it because their parents/bf's whatever are forcing them into this with any number of threats, and you know what.. unless they admit it openly, there isn't a damn thing counselers can do, other than give advice.. 

a few counselers are good at making sure they know they can change their minds, go to court, give them other options.. but most of them, really only care about the money coming into the clinic.

You keep saing it's illegal.. but no, it really isn't illegal.. it's not different than parents fighting over custody in the court of law.. just because you go to court, doesn't mean something is illegal, as I said before!   If it were truly illegal, the parents of these children would be jailed or fined, at the very least charged with a crime. They aren't. 

I don't need  law class dear, but clearly you do, because you again, have missed the point completely!

No surprise!

I work with these girls every day, trust me, I know far more than you think about this topic!

I'm also 100% pro-choice, and find it disgusting, but I'm not going to pretend that it's illegal, and I'm not going to pretend some of these girls aren't forced into it!

Quoting nnjohnson:

What do u think the private counseling is for before you abort?

And read my comments i never said that wasnt forcing.

It is illegal to make a child, against her wil, to abort her child.

Im not replying again let some of the ladies whose actually gone through it explain it to you, just read the damn comments, and take a law class, please, for your own clarifications.

Quoting jessi2girls:

It's not illegal, and I'm not the one that needs to check laws.. you are!

And again you are missing a very valuable point here.. what you define as "force" and what is true forcing are two completely different things.. 

You think a girl is really going to go in there screaming her head off when mom or dad has threatened an asswhooping when they get home? How the fuck else do you think these parents are forcing these girls? By holding them down? Druggin them into it? No, it's done by threats.. 

yes it is sick, but you need to really look at what forcing is and realize that a lot of these girls do not know any better about some of the ways they can get out of being forced to abort, because their paretns make sure they don't know their options. 

Just because you go to court over an issue, doesn't mean something is illegal! 

SMH.. you probably will still miss the point here.. so I don't know why I'm bothering to even reply. 

Quoting nnjohnson:

Not..

If i got pregnant, at say... 15, and my mother took me to an abortion clinic, and i screamed hell no when in there, they can NOT force you to abort. She can force you to go, yes, and try to bully you into it, but no, that is, and has been illegal for the past 10-15 years. Check your facts. Especially in Tx.

And china also has other laws you are missing. Population control?

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting nnjohnson:

Look. If you raise your child to make mistakes and learn from them, then let your child learn from this mistake. Not ruin their whole perception of life let them makr their decision to raise a baby. And again....who the helll said 13? Please SOMEONE quote wherever i said you are emancipated at 13. I didnt explain myself, sorry for that. But no, you ARE medically emancipated if you become pregnant, regardless of age. You are legally emancipated if you choooseeee to be when you become pregnant, i dont recall the age, but i know its either 14 or 15 and it varies upon state and child labor laws. You can sue for emancipation at any age and if your are so young you cannot work you will be in foster carewith your baby, or any family can help you.

W.e tho. It is still completely and totally illegal to force your child to abort, and yes, kids cant drink.. that has nothing to do with... Well... Anything.

I think you are missing a key point here.. 

A parent CAN force their child to abort... why? Because many of them do not know that they can go to court to fight against their parents wishes.   So yes, it does happen and can happen!  When you are unaware of your options as a teenager, parents have far more pull than the law.

This BTW is in America.. in other countries, like China.. parents are legally allowed to force their child to abort and the courts will side with the parents. 

And it's not illegal to try to force your child to abort.. the child has the right to fight against their parents choices.. yes, but that doesn't make it illegal.

Parents of a pregnant teen do also have the right to force their child to continue the pregnancy..

neither situation is okay, again.. I'm pro-choice, not pro-force.. but regardless, this is the real issue here.  

2Gs
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:05 AM

You don't need your parent's concent to have an abortion but you DO need your parent's concent to place a baby for adoption.  Now THAT law needs to change.  If we're going to be pro choice then let's really be pro choice. 

nnjohnson
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Like i said, i dont know the circumstances...

Yes, if your 9 and got raped i think it is perfectly acceptable to abort, and this wasnt meant towards 9 year olds. Sexually active kids whose choice it was.to.have sex. Whose hit puberty and are having sex. Not kids who dont even know what sex.is.

Quoting Anonymous:

The fact that you even think a 9 year old is capable of making such a choice shows me just how ignorant you really are.

She was raped. A 9 year old doesn't have a body that can handle the rigors of labor without putting her own life at risk.

The concepts behind this are far to mature for any 9 year old to handle. It's totally UNBELIEVABLE to me that you would ever say a 9 year old should make that decision. Seriously, I question your parenting skills with your opinion on this.

Quoting nnjohnson:

I dont know the situation in that case, so i have no clue...

but again... Brazil... Is not the US. All of the world does not have.the same laws, or.else i would be able to study.law in, say, brazil... And it would be perfectly acceptable to hire me at a US law firm..

And no hun, im saying forcing your child to abort is immoral, do u know if it.was.her choice?

Regardless, it is illegal to make a.child abort against their wil.

Regardless of my maturity, the law is still, the law.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol yes it is.

What do you think of the 9 year old girl who got an abortion in Brazil, a decision made by her mother?

So far according to you it's immoral.

Quoting nnjohnson:

And that is your opinion.

Quoting Anonymous:

The level of maturity in your post lets me know that your assessments of what is moral and immoral is laughable at best.

jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:22 AM

" It is still completely and totally illegal to force your child to abort"

to which I responded, "How the fuck else do you think these parents are forcing these girls? By holding them down? Druggin them into it? No, it's done by threats."

Force is still force, be it through bullying or any other means..  which was my entire point! You keep saying it's completely illegal.. but define force!  You seem to be stuck on the idea of forcing as holding them down to make them abort.. and that's a very limited idea of what force is!

You are really going to make a shitty lawyer if you can't learn that making ignorant, generalized statements can be picked apart in no time! 

Quoting nnjohnson:

Again.. I never said they couldnt bully their child into abortion and lie to the.counselors.

Where did i say that? Please quote me.
And where did i say that it was illegal for a.child to be bullied into it?

It is, and i am in law school, thanks, illegal to openly force your childs legs apart and abort the baby. I have a friends mom in jail for the EXACT case.

Im done btw. Please stop spewing your ignorance and twisting my words into an argument you want, when we are on the same page and you.just cant get.it.through your head.

Quoting jessi2girls:

I know what the private counselers are for before you abort, I work with them dear. I see girls come in all the time they really don't want to abort, but won't admit it because their parents/bf's whatever are forcing them into this with any number of threats, and you know what.. unless they admit it openly, there isn't a damn thing counselers can do, other than give advice.. 

a few counselers are good at making sure they know they can change their minds, go to court, give them other options.. but most of them, really only care about the money coming into the clinic.

You keep saing it's illegal.. but no, it really isn't illegal.. it's not different than parents fighting over custody in the court of law.. just because you go to court, doesn't mean something is illegal, as I said before!   If it were truly illegal, the parents of these children would be jailed or fined, at the very least charged with a crime. They aren't. 

I don't need  law class dear, but clearly you do, because you again, have missed the point completely!

No surprise!

I work with these girls every day, trust me, I know far more than you think about this topic!

I'm also 100% pro-choice, and find it disgusting, but I'm not going to pretend that it's illegal, and I'm not going to pretend some of these girls aren't forced into it!

Quoting nnjohnson:

What do u think the private counseling is for before you abort?

And read my comments i never said that wasnt forcing.

It is illegal to make a child, against her wil, to abort her child.

Im not replying again let some of the ladies whose actually gone through it explain it to you, just read the damn comments, and take a law class, please, for your own clarifications.

Quoting jessi2girls:

It's not illegal, and I'm not the one that needs to check laws.. you are!

And again you are missing a very valuable point here.. what you define as "force" and what is true forcing are two completely different things.. 

You think a girl is really going to go in there screaming her head off when mom or dad has threatened an asswhooping when they get home? How the fuck else do you think these parents are forcing these girls? By holding them down? Druggin them into it? No, it's done by threats.. 

yes it is sick, but you need to really look at what forcing is and realize that a lot of these girls do not know any better about some of the ways they can get out of being forced to abort, because their paretns make sure they don't know their options. 

Just because you go to court over an issue, doesn't mean something is illegal! 

SMH.. you probably will still miss the point here.. so I don't know why I'm bothering to even reply. 

Quoting nnjohnson:

Not..

If i got pregnant, at say... 15, and my mother took me to an abortion clinic, and i screamed hell no when in there, they can NOT force you to abort. She can force you to go, yes, and try to bully you into it, but no, that is, and has been illegal for the past 10-15 years. Check your facts. Especially in Tx.

And china also has other laws you are missing. Population control?

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting nnjohnson:

Look. If you raise your child to make mistakes and learn from them, then let your child learn from this mistake. Not ruin their whole perception of life let them makr their decision to raise a baby. And again....who the helll said 13? Please SOMEONE quote wherever i said you are emancipated at 13. I didnt explain myself, sorry for that. But no, you ARE medically emancipated if you become pregnant, regardless of age. You are legally emancipated if you choooseeee to be when you become pregnant, i dont recall the age, but i know its either 14 or 15 and it varies upon state and child labor laws. You can sue for emancipation at any age and if your are so young you cannot work you will be in foster carewith your baby, or any family can help you.

W.e tho. It is still completely and totally illegal to force your child to abort, and yes, kids cant drink.. that has nothing to do with... Well... Anything.

I think you are missing a key point here.. 

A parent CAN force their child to abort... why? Because many of them do not know that they can go to court to fight against their parents wishes.   So yes, it does happen and can happen!  When you are unaware of your options as a teenager, parents have far more pull than the law.

This BTW is in America.. in other countries, like China.. parents are legally allowed to force their child to abort and the courts will side with the parents. 

And it's not illegal to try to force your child to abort.. the child has the right to fight against their parents choices.. yes, but that doesn't make it illegal.

Parents of a pregnant teen do also have the right to force their child to continue the pregnancy..

neither situation is okay, again.. I'm pro-choice, not pro-force.. but regardless, this is the real issue here.  

mamanjulie
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:42 AM
13 year olds are children and children make stupid mistakes. That's why they need parents to guide them! It's not the pregnant child that outrages me, it's the lack of supervision and common sense. A thirteen year old is too young for boyfriends and dating. It's too young because they're still stupid and childish at that age!
What does her obstetrician recommend. 13 is very young and places her in the high risk category.
nnjohnson
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Well, if more parents supervised their children better, we wouldnt have this issue.

Quoting mamanjulie:

13 year olds are children and children make stupid mistakes. That's why they need parents to guide them! It's not the pregnant child that outrages me, it's the lack of supervision and common sense. A thirteen year old is too young for boyfriends and dating. It's too young because they're still stupid and childish at that age!

What does her obstetrician recommend. 13 is very young and places her in the high risk category.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 36 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:34 PM
You said child. And even after bringing up a 9 year old you still said she should be able to choose.

What on earth makes you think a 9 year old is competent enough to make that kind of decision?

Quoting nnjohnson:

Yes, if your 9 and got raped i think it is perfectly acceptable to abort, and this wasnt meant towards 9 year olds. Sexually active kids whose choice it was.to.have sex. Whose hit puberty and are having sex. Not kids who dont even know what sex.is.

Quoting Anonymous:

The fact that you even think a 9 year old is capable of making such a choice shows me just how ignorant you really are.

She was raped. A 9 year old doesn't have a body that can handle the rigors of labor without putting her own life at risk.

The concepts behind this are far to mature for any 9 year old to handle. It's totally UNBELIEVABLE to me that you would ever say a 9 year old should make that decision. Seriously, I question your parenting skills with your opinion on this.

Quoting nnjohnson:

but again... Brazil... Is not the US. All of the world does not have.the same laws, or.else i would be able to study.law in, say, brazil... And it would be perfectly acceptable to hire me at a US law firm..

And no hun, im saying forcing your child to abort is immoral, do u know if it.was.her choice?

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol yes it is.

What do you think of the 9 year old girl who got an abortion in Brazil, a decision made by her mother?

Quoting nnjohnson:

Quoting Anonymous:

The level of maturity in your post lets me know that your assessments of what is moral and immoral is laughable at best.

nnjohnson
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:48 PM
How many 9yo do u know of have.sex? I dont even think a 9yo boy can even impregnate a girl so no.. This post is not about girls who dont have sex or boys whose balls havent even dropped yet. Or.rape victims. Its about sexually active kids. If ur 9yo.is having sex, i would recommend high.doses of therapy.

Quoting Anonymous:

You said child. And even after bringing up a 9 year old you still said she should be able to choose.

What on earth makes you think a 9 year old is competent enough to make that kind of decision?

Quoting nnjohnson:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting nnjohnson:

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol yes it is.

Quoting nnjohnson:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN