Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wtf is wrong with you people?

Posted by   + Show Post
Why does everyone think that forcing a child to get an abortion is legal? You like the internet, google the damn law! You can NOT force your child, however young they are, to abort a baby. That is their choice, so suck up their decision! A child in TX is legally emancipated when they are pregnant. That means you have nooo sayy. This is true in almost all states. But in the US as a whole, it is still illegal for you.to force abortion on a child.

Clarification:****
Yes, it is illegal to force a.child into abortion.
And immoral, but i dont see any of you so called mothers having morals.

Dont twist.my words, you're an idiot if you can't argue with me w.o making shi# up.

Im not saying you have no emotional control over your child, im sure you can talk you child into jumping off a bridge if you wanted to im saying you are wrong for this and you need to respect your.child's decisions, they will learn.

Noone said 13... I said 'child'. Unless 13 is the only age a child is and im just completely unaware of this.

Dont fkn message me!

And no, i was 18 when i got pregnant. My parents were happy. I support myself. My husband does too.

Last but not least... Your not the ruler of your daughters vag, she is.

Update!!!!! Page 12.
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Replies (31-40):
nnjohnson
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:19 AM
im very aware of this. But.you can also look up in the last 15 years, show me dates.
Im not saying all teens should get pregnant and move out. But I believe in choices. If your child wants this baby, they should have the baby. If your child wants an abortion, let them.

Quoting Val99:

You can influence the child through other means than "force".  Do you believe that you have control over other medical issues when your child is a minor?

BTW:  Your "facts" about Texas are suspect.  Here is an answer from a lawyer in Texas on this very issue:

The Texas Family Code is on-line and can be located by using any major search engine.

Look for Chapter 31 in the Texas Family Code.

Basically, on rare occasions, a 17-year-old (or even a 16-year-old) may be sufficiently INDEPENDENT and SELF-SUPPORTING to be eligible for the limited removal of disabilities permitted by Chapter 31 of the Texas Family Code.  

Although the general rule within the State of Texas is that the minor will then have the power and the capacity of an adult, a wide variety of specific constitutional and statutory restrictions based on age will still remain in place - such as the ability to vote or to drink.

One 14-year-old emailed me asking if she got pregnant could she be emancipated.  The answer is NO-- she is not old enough under the law within the State of Texas and she does not qualify to even apply for emancipation.  Therefore, she would be a minor child with a baby (who is also a minor child).  Both she and her child would have to follow her parent's rules.  I don't suggest pregnancy as a way to escape your parental control since it won't work!

Quoting nnjohnson:

Why does everyone think that forcing a child to get an abortion is legal? You like the internet, google the damn law! You can NOT force your child, however young they are, to abort a baby. That is their choice, so suck up their decision! A child in TX is legally emancipated when they are pregnant. That means you have nooo sayy. This is true in almost all states. But in the US as a whole, it is still illegal for you.to force abortion on a child.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:20 AM

wtf are you babbling about?

DylansMommyXo
by Daggy on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:22 AM
2 moms liked this

Well, it's either abortion or adoption. She would get to make the decision. Keeping that baby is NOT one of the choices. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Minors & Pregnancy

Some teenagers believe that if they become pregnant and have a child that they will be automatically emancipated from their parents since they will be a parent. This is not true, however. Having a baby does not emancipate someone who is under the age of 18. The baby is the responsibility of the teenager but the teenager is still the responsibility of their parents.  

and yes they can make u go back home if under the age of 17  and 18

Quoting nnjohnson:

This actually is true in tx. Considering im a law student,.i should probably know. but (especially now days when everyones getting pregnant) there.has been plenty of times that a parent could not do anything about their 14/15yo moving out bc of their pregnancy. The police,nor judge could force them back home.

Quoting Anonymous:

that isn't true in texas if under the age of 18. the baby is the teenager.responsibility, but the teenager is still the parents. however no one can force a person of any age to get abortion

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Ok so they are emancipated when they are pregnant and we have no say. If they are emancipated, I am not responsible in any way either. Why should we pay their bills, feed and house them if we have no say in anything they do. Sure, keep the baby and do what you want, but you have to step up and take care of yourself financially too. You want to be an adult and make all the decisions, fine, do it all on your own then. I would just be there for emotional support, not financial.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Mine too! :-(

Quoting Anonymous:

My parents did! :-(

Val99
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

There is no clause in Texas Family Law regarding emancipation of a minor due to pregnancy.  

They must be a minimum of 16 years old, living on their own, and self-supporting (not through PA).  

The minor must petition the courts and have their request adjudicated.  

Your OP is false and you should not spread false information.  Some foolish teenager may see it and believe it.

Here is the code:

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/SOTWDocs/FA/htm/FA.31.htm

FAMILY CODE

TITLE 2. CHILD IN RELATION TO THE FAMILY

SUBTITLE A. LIMITATIONS OF MINORITY

CHAPTER 31. REMOVAL OF DISABILITIES OF MINORITY

Sec. 31.001.  REQUIREMENTS.  (a)  A minor may petition to have the disabilities of minority removed for limited or general purposes if the minor is:
(1)  a resident of this state;
(2)  17 years of age, or at least 16 years of age and living separate and apart from the minor's parents, managing conservator, or guardian;  and
(3)  self-supporting and managing the minor's own financial affairs.
(b)  A minor may file suit under this chapter in the minor's own name.  The minor need not be represented by next friend.

Amended by Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 20, Sec. 1, eff. April 20, 1995.

Sec. 31.002.  REQUISITES OF PETITION;  VERIFICATION.  (a)  The petition for removal of disabilities of minority must state:
(1)  the name, age, and place of residence of the petitioner;
(2)  the name and place of residence of each living parent;
(3)  the name and place of residence of the guardian of the person and the guardian of the estate, if any;
(4)  the name and place of residence of the managing conservator, if any;
(5)  the reasons why removal would be in the best interest of the minor;  and
(6)  the purposes for which removal is requested.
(b)  A parent of the petitioner must verify the petition, except that if a managing conservator or guardian of the person has been appointed, the petition must be verified by that person.  If the person who is to verify the petition is unavailable or that person's whereabouts are unknown, the amicus attorney or attorney ad litem shall verify the petition.

Quoting nnjohnson:

im very aware of this. But.you can also look up in the last 15 years, show me dates.
Im not saying all teens should get pregnant and move out. But I believe in choices. If your child wants this baby, they should have the baby. If your child wants an abortion, let them.

Quoting Val99:

You can influence the child through other means than "force".  Do you believe that you have control over other medical issues when your child is a minor?

BTW:  Your "facts" about Texas are suspect.  Here is an answer from a lawyer in Texas on this very issue:

The Texas Family Code is on-line and can be located by using any major search engine.

Look for Chapter 31 in the Texas Family Code.

Basically, on rare occasions, a 17-year-old (or even a 16-year-old) may be sufficiently INDEPENDENT and SELF-SUPPORTING to be eligible for the limited removal of disabilities permitted by Chapter 31 of the Texas Family Code.  

Although the general rule within the State of Texas is that the minor will then have the power and the capacity of an adult, a wide variety of specific constitutional and statutory restrictions based on age will still remain in place - such as the ability to vote or to drink.

One 14-year-old emailed me asking if she got pregnant could she be emancipated.  The answer is NO-- she is not old enough under the law within the State of Texas and she does not qualify to even apply for emancipation.  Therefore, she would be a minor child with a baby (who is also a minor child).  Both she and her child would have to follow her parent's rules.  I don't suggest pregnancy as a way to escape your parental control since it won't work!

Quoting nnjohnson:

nnjohnson
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:26 AM
And this is the way it should be. You raised your child to have respect? Respect their decisions. There are many ways to help your pregnant child other than financially. If they want to take the step into motherhood, they need to learn responsabilities, and that, is your job, and always has been.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok so they are emansipated when they are pregnant and we have no say. If they are emacipated, I am not responsible in any way either. Why should we pay their bills, feed and house them if we have no say in anything they do. Sure, keep the baby and do what you want, but you have to step up and take care of youself financially too. You want to be an adult and make all the decisions, fine, do it all on your own then. I would just be there for emotional support, not financial.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FoodIsLife
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

it's only MEDICAL emancipation, not legal emancipation. 

Quoting Kortlynia:

Quoting nnjohnson:

I'm not touching the abortion statement, but does this mean that they can get a job and support their own child, get their own place, etc? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I think they think that would work because they'll tell the child if they do it they will disown them or kick them out. I think its disgusting ppl would pressure a child into something like that. Ok the kid fucked up and got pregnant. Why not support them in whatever decision they came to as opposed to pressuring them to make a decision that would appease you? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)