Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you civil with your ex SO?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
For the sake of the kids, are you and you ex civil? How did you manage to get along despite whatever it is that caused you to divorce/split? I know that kids are the driving factor and sometimes you need to put your differences aside (no matter how severe) for them! I'm sure maturity has a lot to do with it as well.

I have a friend who can't get along with her ex for anything! Not even for her child. He is the same way. They can't stand each other. He cheated on her and is still with the person and of course, my friend absolutely can't stand to see that he is happy and going strong with the girl he cheated on her with. He's took her to court and made up lies about her so he could get custody of their son. Its just chaos with these 2. Apparently they would fight and argue everytime they would meet to exchange their son.
its so bad that its gotten to the point where they can't have ANY contact with each other. Sad. I feel bad for their son who has to witness all of it..

If my Dh and I ever split (god forbid we don't) I know i would be able to put my big girl panties on and stay civil. I hope he would do the same!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink.Sunshine.
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

we will be. 

mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:56 PM
My ex and I thankfully have no kids.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MilkLover0203
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:57 PM
I'm very civil with my sons father. Just because we didn't work out, doesn't mean they have to feel the affects of it. We worked out our custody by ourselves and their child support by ourselves so he wouldn't get taken to the cleaners.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Mostly.

I just avoid talking to him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chane_L
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:03 PM

my ex and i split prior to all the fighting, cheating and general bad things. We were dual military ( army & navy) and decided to split as friends and effective co-parents. It has worked 16yrs so far , even though our daughter is grown , we still call 1 another for a friendly check-in. It's wonderful that for every major life event that she has had or will have her Whole family (including an ex-step-mom or 2) is there to love and support her.

But on the flip side my house is the weekend drop-off pick-up for my sil and her ex. They can't be in the same area without fighting 8yrs after divorce. 

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:03 PM

I don't have children with anyone but my husband, but I am able to be civil with anyone. I refuse to let anyone drag me to their level.  Especially in public. Kill them with kindness, so they look insane when they whine about you.

KennyPooPoo22
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:04 PM

No kids between us but yes we are civil. Actually we are till very good friends and talk on the phone at least once a week and get our kiddos together to play a few times a month

pinkdaisy8864
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:05 PM

We're friends. We don't talk besides about our son out of respect for each other's spouses. But it works.

And we do combined bday parties when we're in town.

FAH_Q
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:07 PM
We are. It makes the situation so much easier that way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I haven't spoken to him since I left him while pregnant with our daughter, 6+ years ago. He has my number and information, he could contact me if he wanted to. He chooses not to. He'd rather pay child support and pretend she doesn't exist.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)