Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

when the phone is for your husband

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 206 Replies
1 mom liked this

You answer the phone and the person on the other end asks for your husband. The person uses your dh's first and last name. 

Do you ask who is calling and try to find out as much info as you can or do you just pass the phone to your husband? 

Do you get upset when the caller won't tell you why they want to speak to your dh? 

I work in a claims department for the company I work for. 9 times out of 10 when a wife answers the phone and I ask for her husband she will say "this is his wife speaking, can I help you" I respond with " if you could give him this message and ask him to call me back that would be great help" she says "well what is this about" 

The thing is, if the husband has not given authorization for us to speak to the wife, we simply can't tell her what it is about. And let me tell you, wives do not like that! 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:50 PM
3 moms liked this
I hand him the phone. I really don't care who is calling.
childofGod995
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:51 PM
2 moms liked this

you pass the phone to your husband and if he chooses to tell you what the phone call was about then he will tell you. if he chooses not to, then that is his own business.

C12H22O11addict
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:52 PM
I'd give him the phone and if I was curious, I'd simply ask him about it.
We're married but have our own business we tend to. I don't have to share Every single aspect of my life and vice versa
If you mean cell phone, I don't answer his and he doesn't answer mine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I have full legal ,medical, and financial POA for my husband who is disabled. If they don't talk to me, they don't get very far. Thankfully the only place we have this problem is the VA, the place that gave us the POAs. SMH. They keep "losing" the information in their system.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this
New privacy laws piss off a lot of wives or husbands where I work too. oh well . You can say its a buisness matter of in regards to their account. But really I could careless whose calling him if they use both names I know its not a personal call anyway
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't have any claims. I do get Sirus radio calling my cell though trying to get us to renew. They always ask for my husband, and refuse to tell me what it's about...but I know because it's always the same area code and people that can barely say our name. I told her she had my cell and to stop calling me, and to call him and gave her his cell. They called me every day multiple times a day for like three weeks and would not take me off the call list, until I yelled at them and said I was pressing harassment charges. Fucking annoying. When a wife gives you a different number give it a damn try, I can't put him on the line when he's at work!

Mom2MikeynLando
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Nobody ever calls us. :(.   Guess that's a good thing?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Well we dont have a house phone so i have no reason to ever answer my phone and get someone looking for him.

However its common practice previously for me to inform them I'm his wife and to see if I can help them.

If they prefer to leave a message, I would have no problem taking it

Name, Number, Company Name and what this concerns.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Last time a company tried that on me I yelled. They asked to speak to him and when I said he wasn't home they said they'd call later and hung up. Five minutes later they called again. And again and again and again and they wouldn't say who they were or what they wanted. I googled the number and found it was our new mortgage company so the next time they called I told them I knew who they were and that they could talk to me if there was an issue. She got really snooty with me then hung up. So the next one got told that they could either speak to me or call back after 6:30. Who expects a man to be home in the middle of the afternoon anyway? Five minutes later they called again and I screamed "stop calling me!" They didn't call until 6:30
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I usually ask who and whats it regarding if he is not home if they say they can't tell me I say ok..if he is home then I just give it to him.

i did once get mad at a collections lady though we had just got married and dh went on a deployment and his ex girlfriend had stop making payments on the jeep..so I told her that there was no way he could call her back but I understood her situation not being able to tell me but if she wanted the situation  resolved and money I was her only hope..she said well I just need him to call me within 5 days I told her good luck she won't be getting a call till he pulls into a port and that's at least a month away. She said well I need to get him to call us sooner I said good luck and hung up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN