Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't like having money update

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My husband and I have worked very hard and both have good careers. Together we make about $250,000 a year and I hate it. His family and my family both make way less money than us. All of them. All of the friends we grew up with make less. I can't do anything without feeling like I'm bragging or making people jealous. I don't even like to take my car to family events. I feel really bad pretty much constantly for having more money

I haven't been replying because only a few people understood what I was trying to say and that I was not trying to say I was super rich , bragging or trying to make others on here feel bad and I apologize for that

Also we do donate. We do save. We live in rural Oklahoma. But I don't get to decide to just give everything away or whatever, I have a husband. We make choices together.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Replies (51-60):
momto3B
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I think it is time that you start making other friends to spend time with. Jealous people will not change. I have the same experience with my bil and his wife. It is about them, not you. People who love and respect you will support your success and be happy for you. 

klc3ofme
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 3:53 PM

you worked hard you deserve it!! If it will make you sleep better at night I can help you with that problem ;( Donate to an animal shelter or an agency that helps homeless people

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 23, 2013 at 3:54 PM

well, even 10 dollars would help us. i am sick and cannot work. and might get my food stamps cut off and i'm pregnant.But hey, no begging.If u change your mind i'll still be heresimple frown

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry. no scam here. we are just struggling so much, and since u have so much extra money and tired of having too much money,if it wouldn't make too much difference..a few dollars would really help us.shake hand

Quoting Anonymous:

I've sent money to a woman on here once with a long sad story and it was a scam

Quoting Anonymous:

how about an answer?

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, how about donating some money to us? we are poor and could really use the help. I am expecting too.I could give u my address? :) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2013 at 3:54 PM
I don't think it's that great. That's not what I said

Quoting Anonymous:

Your car can't be THAT great on that income. You're worrying about nothing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 23, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Ditto!!! I am NOT a scam at all!! I TRULY WANT to go back to school!! I don't really want student loans hanging over my head--plus there is interest on those student loans!! :(  I qualify for $10,000.00 thru FAFSA! I only need $7,547.00 to be able to pay for my tuition, and not have to worry about student loans! I am SOOO being HONEST HERE!!!! UGH!!! :(

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry. no scam here. we are just struggling so much, and since u have so much extra money and tired of having too much money,if it wouldn't make too much difference..a few dollars would really help us.shake hand

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

how about an answer?

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, how about donating some money to us? we are poor and could really use the help. I am expecting too.I could give u my address? :) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Lol we are both anon

Quoting Anonymous:

well, even 10 dollars would help us. i am sick and cannot work. and might get my food stamps cut off and i'm pregnant.But hey, no begging.If u change your mind i'll still be heresimple frown

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

how about an answer?

Quoting Anonymous:

sweetfox3
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

You sound completely normal.  I'd recommend talking to a financial planner and an estate planner if you have not already.  Then speak to a therapist or something regarding the guilt and such over having more money than you grew up with. 

It is funny because sudden rises in socioeconomic status within one generation are actually unusual, so people do find themselves out of sorts--family and friends think you think you are too good for them, now (until they need to hit you up for some $$$) and more established wealthy people think the "new rich" are below them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Apr. 23, 2013 at 3:56 PM
I don't blame you. I have no desire for a lot of money. We have enough to be comfortable and that is good enough for me :)

You could always give away your money to charities or bless a family in need (pay medical bills or something).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Apr. 23, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Dont feel bad, just be as discrete as possible. My husband alone makes more than that, and I don't feel bad. We have nice things but not "flashy". It just is a fact.
mommy2zbg
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Quoting sthflachk:

Ugh....wish I had your problem...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN