Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My dad needs food , will a food pantry deliver it to him ?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies
I would send him money but I know he would just buy beer. He lives over 3 hours away so I can't just drop off groceries . He never calls me and I could tell he was reaching out for help. If I contacted a food pantry near him do you think they would take it to him ? He would probably starve before going to get help .

Update : I called my dad back to see if he really was hungry and he acted like he was kidding . He said he'd just made a big pot of soup beans . I offered to order him a pizza and he said he didn't need a pizza . So I guess he's not that hungry ! Also he is not a senior citizen yet to all those who are asking . He's only in his 50s. He lives in a log cabin he built down on my brother's property and my two uncles are usually there also . I think they just do a lot of drinking . He needs to get it together before he does get much older .
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:16 PM
I would call and ask. I hope your dad gets some help.
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:16 PM
3 moms liked this
Meals on wheels?
brvdsmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:17 PM

order from safeway online and have them delivered to his house?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:17 PM
The food pantry at my church would deliver if necessary. Call and ask. If that one doesn't, find one that will.
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:18 PM

I got nothing =( Hope something works out.

sweetmelissa777
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:18 PM
This is a great idea!!!!

Quoting brvdsmom:

order from safeway online and have them delivered to his house?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this
you could order a pizza for him over the phone pay for it with your debit or credit card and have it delivered to his house
Seashell77
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:19 PM

If your father is a senior citizen, then he has a county case worker assigned to him.  You need to contact your father's local county social services to get in touch with his case worker. That person will be able to sign up your father for all services he is in need of, including food.  He probably could get "meals on wheels", where food will be delivered to his door either daily or weekly.  I wish you and your father better days ahead, hopping things will greatly improve.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

I would call and ask. I hope your dad gets some help.

Thanks . He never goes to the Dr or anything . He's done his own construction work his whole life and has never had insurance or anything . Now that he's starting to get older I'm starting to worry about him .
mich.el.le
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Order takeout for tonight and do online grocery shopping for him. Where is he? *Some* churches would deliver, Idk about food pantries though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN