Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Breastfeeding, ignorance and attitude.

Posted by   + Show Post

I did NOT write this! Again, I did NOT write this. 

http://onesleepymom.com/tag/breastfeeding/

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Replies (11-20):
TSNDDY
by Emerald Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:46 PM
I read that before, it wasn't a joke?
MilkLover0203
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:47 PM
If she hadn't changed her tune so many times after being called out on it, I'd actually respect her opinion. I am a firm believer in seeing both sides of it. She'd actually been discovered by someone randomly looking through blogs and it got posted to a Leaky site on Facebook which caused an uproar. She actually commented back and forth with people until she realized it was just not gonna end in her favor and she blocked future comments.

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

Any teenager is going to be uncomfortable talking about their moms boobs... who the hell even goes around asking teens??

The
sanitary concerns were actually something that I never thought about..
but washing your boob would be a way to get around that one...

I love how at the end of it she saysshe never even gave her children breastmilk... then why the hell does her opinion even matter. The saddest part is that I thought it was a joke... and she's actually serious....

MilkLover0203
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:47 PM
No, not a joke at all.

Quoting TSNDDY:

Beebella
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Wow this woman sounds a little aggressive. I didn't breast feed because I was in a lot of pain postpartum and didnt have the strength or energy to do it. I tried it just wasn't for me. But it's great if a mom wants to do it. As far as public breast feeding I don't see the problem. As long as the moms breast is covered what's the big deal? And she's talking about germs on the breast? There are germs in bottles too! I think she's taking out her insecurities on not being able to breast feed out on moms who can.
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this

TeamTARDIS
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't honestly care if my DS admits to being breast fed as a teen, but I will know that I gave my son the best I could to start him out in life. Honestly that is all that matters to me.
She sounds very immature 'well it is just this way because I say it is, so there.'
I have never ever seen anyone just rip open their shirt in public, pull off their bra and flop out their breasts. The only time I come close to seeing that is at the beach and at the mall where everyone like to show off their rack. No one deems to get upset about that.
TSNDDY
by Emerald Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Speechless...

Quoting MilkLover0203:

No, not a joke at all.

Quoting TSNDDY:

Mommy2b2many
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:51 PM

It was a really interesting argument; I think what turned me off from it was the way she presented it. It honeslty seemed like a joke. But if thats her stance; then good for her; at least she has reasons for it besides "I just don't feel like it"

Quoting MilkLover0203:

If she hadn't changed her tune so many times after being called out on it, I'd actually respect her opinion. I am a firm believer in seeing both sides of it. She'd actually been discovered by someone randomly looking through blogs and it got posted to a Leaky site on Facebook which caused an uproar. She actually commented back and forth with people until she realized it was just not gonna end in her favor and she blocked future comments.

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

Any teenager is going to be uncomfortable talking about their moms boobs... who the hell even goes around asking teens??

The
sanitary concerns were actually something that I never thought about..
but washing your boob would be a way to get around that one...

I love how at the end of it she saysshe never even gave her children breastmilk... then why the hell does her opinion even matter. The saddest part is that I thought it was a joke... and she's actually serious....

TeamTARDIS
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I made spelling errors and am too lazy to edit my post......
MilkLover0203
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:52 PM
I've always firmly believed breast is best BUT I have never criticized, shamed or badgered a woman that did not share my same beliefs. As long as you're doing what's best for you, your child, and your family, it isn't any of my damn business.

Quoting DanaG70:

I'm not anywhere close to being a die hard when it comes to breastfeeding, I am more of a do as you will type, however this woman is beyond stupid and repeats every stupid lie ever been told about breastfeeding.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)