Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

breastfeeding *thank you all*

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:19 AM
  • 20 Replies
My baby bf allot. I expected that. My mom is concerned she isn't getting all the nutrients she needs from me because she feeds so much but when I give her formula she is the happiest baby in the world. My doc said as long as she is gaining weight she is fine but I think my mom may be right. Did anybody else experience this? Also, how many calories do you burn pumping?

Thanks everyone for all the advice. I'm going to keep breastfeeding but my doctor told me I have low iron so I'm adding vitamins with iron to pumped breast milk.
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
needanswers2012
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Bump
needanswers2012
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Breastfeeding is WAY better for baby.
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Breastfed babies eat very often, it's normal. If she's going through enough diapers she's getting enough.

Journeysmama11
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:11 AM

This. They eat more often because it is easier on their system so it "goes through" them faster. Formula doesn't. But Breastmilk is the best. Just let baby nurse as much as she wants. My son was seriously fussy for about the first 2-3 months...but is now the happiest (almost) 9 month old EVER! I would do those first few months of torture all over because he is healthy and SO happy now! :) Keep going!  Oh, and check out the Breastfeeding Support Group! They are awesome, I don't get much support at home so they are a huge help! 

Quoting Zazayam:

Breastfed babies eat very often, it's normal. If she's going through enough diapers she's getting enough.

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Right! It gets a lot easier in another couple months, and so worth it :)

Join this group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/325

Quoting Journeysmama11:

This. They eat more often because it is easier on their system so it "goes through" them faster. Formula doesn't. But Breastmilk is the best. Just let baby nurse as much as she wants. My son was seriously fussy for about the first 2-3 months...but is now the happiest (almost) 9 month old EVER! I would do those first few months of torture all over because he is healthy and SO happy now! :) Keep going!  Oh, and check out the Breastfeeding Support Group! They are awesome, I don't get much support at home so they are a huge help! 

Quoting Zazayam:

abigailsmommy11
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this

This! Formula curdles in their stomach, making it take longer to digest. Therefore they feel full longer, this is why formula fed babies sleep through the night much sooner than breastfed babies. Breastfeeding is hard but it is SO worth it to give your baby food made just for her/him.

Quoting Journeysmama11:

Quoting Zazayam:

TSNDDY
by Emerald Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:15 AM
How old is your baby?

I nursed on demand with both of mine and in the beginning they would nurse pretty much every hour..
2BRBgirlz
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:16 AM

My pediatrician said that my BF should get vitamin D drops to supplement, She didn't say this with my first dd.  Alot of BFing moms disagree with this altogether, so I dunno.

Mainstream Moms
Come join us!!  No crunchiness!big smile mini

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:16 AM
How long did your mom breastfeed for? If she started using formula, like you are doing, it probably lowered her supply and she stopped early. The best way to tell is weight checks at the doctor office. Breastfeed babies eat more often especially in growth spurts. That is what signals your body to make more.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN