Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O if you were the gf would you be mad?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 142 Replies

If your new SO got along with his childs mother

If his next of kin was his childs mother instead of another family member

If he and his ex (aka childs mom) tried to meet up once every couple weeks do something without any SO's allowed to come, like a sports game or museum. As a family mom, dad, child. 

If he and his ex still see a MFT, not to work on the relationship, but to hash out problems instead of using the court system

If he and his ex have keys to each others house and know each others alarm codes

If his ex is beneficiary 50% next to 50% his child and he has no plans to change that even if he gets married, it will only change if he has another child.

etc etc

is this stuff that would make you mad?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:24 AM
3 moms liked this

I would be bothered by 2 of those things. 1-It would bother me if they went to museums/ballgames. That sounds like a date. I would also not be ok with the keys/alarm code. The last thing I would want is for us to be intimate in his bed and in walks his ex. Um..no.

FL2AK
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:24 AM
5 moms liked this
No. She is the mother of his children and he is making sure his family is taken care of.
Lorik1969
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Some of it makes sense, but there a few things I would be uncomfortable with. It almost sounds like they want to be together but not all the time. The hanging out without the kids or significant others would bother me.
reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:29 AM
2 moms liked this

Nope. He's being a good dad and she a good mom. Nothing in their says they want each other just really care about their kids

JustFox
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:30 AM
My issue would be not changing the Ben to me if we married 50% to child 50% to myself and our family (we have a daughter together) I would not allow the keys and his sons BM doesn't know anything about him barely did when they were together, why would she be his next of kin... What would age keep him alive for if shes basically getting 100% of the money anyhow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sexy_with_7
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:30 AM

yes

reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Where did you see that? I saw mom dad and kids, WITHOUT so's which means they are mature enough to be with each other with kids in tow. GREAT for the kids.

Quoting Lorik1969:

Some of it makes sense, but there a few things I would be uncomfortable with. It almost sounds like they want to be together but not all the time. The hanging out without the kids or significant others would bother me.

Zazayam
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:31 AM

The only part that would bother me is the keys/alarm code.

An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:32 AM
No. My brother and his ex had a wonderful relationship until recently. They used to go to amusement parks, zoos, she would come to family functions, etc. My nephew was truly blessed. My brother's girlfriends knew all of it and understood why.
Until the ex's mom got greedy and decided that the ex needed to take him to court for more child support (he pays more than court ordered, but the mom wanted him to pay more so that she can pay her bills). Now my nephew is an emotional wreck because the relationship they had, as friends, is destroyed.
QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:32 AM
5 moms liked this
I don't think i would pursue a relationship with someone that has that stuff going on.

Getting along with your ex is one thing. But these are on a whole other level.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured