Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No WIC Formula if you CAN BF! *EDIT*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

If you need to be on WIC (etc.) and are not breastfeeding due to CHOICE NOT medical reasons, I don't think you should get the free formula they provide. Breastmilk is FREE and if you can't afford to formula feed the state should not be paying for it. You have FREE food for your baby. Unless you have a legitimate MEDICAL or HEALTH reason you cannot!

Drives me crazy that people can have more kids and give them formula but they can't afford it and complain about money when they have atleast 6 months worth of FREE food right freaking there! 

...mmkay, go ahead bash away!

Thank you to those that actually READ the post. Since I had to state several times that I was not against a woman's choice to choose how to feed her baby. Please read the above original post again if this still does not make sense to you. 

Also, to those that simply made rude comments or decided their best argument was to insult my intelligence simply because I had an opinion that differed from your own, I chose NOT to resond. Friendly debates are welcome, but really don't need to stoop down to just calling people names because we disagree with them! And thanks to those that can "play" nice, even if we don't see eye-to-eye!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:05 AM
Replies (751-751):
lendales_mommi
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:15 PM

If only the worl was really like this:(I know more than one heroin addict that has their children along with people who use other drugs like meth.Where i live meth and heroin are huge problems.

Quoting lisannamarie:

Pretty sure a heroin addict isn't going to be providing for their kids, let alone have them in their care.

Quoting lendales_mommi:

that is a good point forcing a herion addict to breastfeed cant be good IMO

Quoting Anonymous:

honestly you don't know what those mothers are putting into their body if they are forced to breast feed..... I would rather they be on formula then risk them being tainted with worst crap

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)