Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Funny things your kids say! SHARE!

So my daughter (2yrs next month) throws some of her food on the floor during dinner. So here's our conversation:

Me: Journey!

She doesn't turn around to look at me.

No reply.

Me: Journey Eilyce...!

She doesn't move. No reply. 

Me: Journey, are you ignoring me?

Dd: ...yea...

Hmmm...I thought so...

So what funny things have your kids said?!?

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:31 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Referring to a fruit snack she dropped on the floor.

You just pick it up. Blow it. Then you feel better.
huneebadger
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:54 AM

When my niece was three she was playing in her playroom and my mom walked in. My niece said "go away Grandma, go watch Oprah"!

EvilAsh
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:56 AM

My daughter yesterday told my mom she's sick of looking at her face and go home. The kids were trying to go to sleep and my mom missed them so she was in there talking away. lol! It killed me. Normally she'd get in trouble, but I know how my kids are when they're tired.

AngelCodysMom
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:00 AM

The other day my mom called to tell me her cat Pauly died. I gave her Pauly and still have his brother Timmy. My husband explained to the kids what happened and why I was crying. My son (6) said all serious "Well have you told Timmy yet? I'm sure Timmy doesn't know and he will be so upset." I could not stop laughing after that. We tried to explain to him that Timmy would not understand or care.

MamaRae85
by *you're on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:04 AM

My 3 year old was pretending to eat an ice cream cone at his grandmother's house a few days ago, and he kept saying "Blech, blech, blech!". My mom said "What flavor is that?", and he replied "Diarrhea!". lol What a weirdo.

niki_hubbard
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:06 AM

I have always said "Son of a biscuit!" Instead of son of a bitch... Now my daughter does it :{

Quoting TheWeirdoMom:

Our 4 year old calls all hot dogs "fire dogs" after stealing some off my plate,it had hot sauce on it. They both(5&4yrs) call marshmellows "mallows". And because I had to kick(mostly anyway) my bad cursing habit they both say "SpearMonkeys!" When they drop something/stub a toe or anything like that.

niki_hubbard
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:17 AM

My daughter has a new habit of pointing with her middle finger, instead of her pointer finger. I one day sat her down and explained that people might think she was being mean if she pointed with that finger, and we only point with our pointer finger, not the middle one. She now gives every one she knows that speach, with visuals ... "Mommy says point with this finger (shows pointer), not this finger (flips you off), this finger can be mean, so we point with THIS one instead".

She also has issues with any word that starts with c... they all come out as cock. It is horrible! One day at Target, her dad was in the bathroom, and she had a fit yelling that she wanted "Daddy-cart! Mama, Daddy-cart!" She was a but younger with this one, and not speaking in sentences yet. I was so embarrassed :( 

DKSReese
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:00 AM

When my son was about three, he was sitting on my lap watching a video on the computer.  I had on a new bra and the straps kept falling.  I had to keep adjusting him a bit to pull them up.  He finally tuned to me and said, "Mom, you need to get a new boobie trap!"  I have never called it that... he came up with it all on his own!

jcrenshawswifey
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:17 AM

OSD 6 once saw DH naked. After that she kept asking "Daddy where's MY penis?!" Now she tells people "My daddy has a penis." While pointing between his legs. "It's this big." While trying to show measurements. 

wissotamum
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Quoting superwoman39:

Quoting wissotamum:

My 6 year old refers to hand sanitizer as "hanitizer".

So does my 4 y/o! I ' ll correct her and she'll say it perfectly.....then it's right back to the "hanitizer". She's so cute saying it!! Personally, I think she likes the way it sounds :)

The contraction makes total sense.  I'm tempted to use it myself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)