Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

*YES THERES A TWIST* HOW ACCURATE IS FIRST ULTRASOUND???!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 142 Replies
I really need to know.

I had my period in late july.
I had my first ultrasound September 1st 2012. They told me I was 5.5-6weeks along. Due date of May 1st. I am supposedly 39 weeks today.... I didn't remember my exact LMP date so I told them July 25th and that matched up with the first sonogram, and every one after. My due date has remained the same.

So how accurate was the first sonogram? Do you believe I'm 39 weeks by the info given????! Thank you so much. This is my first pregnancy.

Would this mean I conceived in July or August??

*Df had a temporary break up during the months of june & the first half of july ... I slept with my best friend while drunk during june and POSSIBLY the second week in July but I can't remember. That's why I'm trying to understand if I did in fact conceive in August. I think I did seeing as how I was on my period the end of July.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Blue_Spiral
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:51 AM

Does something make you think it's not accurate??

I was 2 weeks and 3 days "late" but it's normal to be more than a week late for a first timer.

Keep that in mind, whatever your reason is.

tyner_brylee
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:53 AM
Some times the ultrasound machine will give or take a week. When i went in for my 10 week appointment i measured at 11 weeks. But the first day of my last af was December 3, 2012.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:54 AM
Just over thinking I guess.... Does that mean the baby was conceived in July or August?
If I had conceive in July the baby would've been born already right? *confused*

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

I was 2 weeks and 3 days "late" but it's normal to be more than a week late for a first timer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:55 AM
So at the very most it could be a week off? No more than that??

Quoting tyner_brylee:

Some times the ultrasound machine will give or take a week. When i went in for my 10 week appointment i measured at 11 weeks. But the first day of my last af was December 3, 2012.
Journeysmama11
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:58 AM

I knew exactly what day I had conceived with my second. But most of my ultrasounds (except the one they did really early since I'd (supposedly) miscarried one baby)all said I was about 2 weeks ahead. But they kept the due date the same as what I measured from the first ultrasound. I delivered at the day I turned 38 weeks (which if you add the 2 weeks i was measuring ahead would be 40 weeks exactly.) Not too much longer though! Congrats!

Blue_Spiral
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

Just over thinking I guess.... Does that mean the baby was conceived in July or August?
If I had conceive in July the baby would've been born already right? *confused*

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

Due dates can be up to a month off, early or late, but it is most common for new moms to be late.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:59 AM

It sounds like it was accurate...there are times, very few times, that your due date will change after the first one but that is rare...chances are it was accurate

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:12 AM
Thank you!!! Does this mean I actually conceived in July or August??

Quoting Anonymous:

It sounds like it was accurate...there are times, very few times, that your due date will change after the first one but that is rare...chances are it was accurate

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:15 AM
Thank you! I'm still so confused though. Not sure which month I conceived!

Quoting Journeysmama11:

I knew exactly what day I had conceived with my second. But most of my ultrasounds (except the one they did really early since I'd (supposedly) miscarried one baby)all said I was about 2 weeks ahead. But they kept the due date the same as what I measured from the first ultrasound. I delivered at the day I turned 38 weeks (which if you add the 2 weeks i was measuring ahead would be 40 weeks exactly.) Not too much longer though! Congrats!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:16 AM
Bumpbumpbump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)