Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

People with money

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:06 AM
  • 204 Replies

How come people with money put art and not their family on the walls of their family home? It looks very nice, but it creeps me out and feels unwelcoming and unwarm lol. Being broke, I love family photos.

*I have learned this in more than a handful of marketing workshops and it seems to hold true when visiting people. I am sure it is not ALL people with money am NO I am not judging you, I just wonder. 

Please note this is personal opinion. I will have to put too many warnings so no one gets twisted here on CM but its opinion that it looks unwarm and I said ME not creeps everyone out and makes them feel as if it is unwarm. It am not claiming it does this to everyone.

If you are offended or feel snarky about whatever it is you can come up with, breath, I did not mean it that way.

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbirdsladie27
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:07 AM
2 moms liked this
Who knows, maybe they like it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I know a lot of people with money and this isn't true. We are middle class and I have very little of family on my.walls...lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:08 AM
2 moms liked this
Because art is beautiful on walls. I put the family pictures in frames on surfaces. It's your opinion that art is "unwarm," not fact. You seem to be confusing the two.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I grew up with money... we had art on our walls, but my parents also had lots and lots of family photos (both snapshots and professional portaits) displayed, too.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:13 AM
2 moms liked this

We aren't what I would consider wealthy, but DH and I do collect art and in most of the rooms of our house we have paintings and framed textiles on the walls.  We move around a lot for DH's work and like to purchase art from the countries we live in.  I really enjoy meeting artists and always try to make a connection with a particular artist and their subject matter before a purchase.  The pieces have meaning to us.

In our hallway, we have family photos and paintings going back many generations.  

Our kitchen and family room are filled with framed pictures of our children's artwork.  These "works of art" are my favorite.

GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:23 AM

No. I am not confused and I never said FACT: Art is umwarm. I also said I wasn't judging so to mean it was just my opinion and that it looks very nice. I should have spelled it out better so you couldn't add things I did not say. While I guess I did not directly say this is my personal opinion I also did not directly say this is fact. I think you seem to be confusing things.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because art is beautiful on walls. I put the family pictures in frames on surfaces. It's your opinion that art is "unwarm," not fact. You seem to be confusing the two.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:27 AM
We know some very wealthy people that do not have any family photos on their walls, everything is really impersonal I agree. Then there is this doctor we know and every room I've seen has pictures of his family blown up huge, every room with a different timeframe and theme like black and white, sepia, color... his house is so warm, friendly, and inviting.

My guess is that some feel the need to be professional and feel that art best accomplishes that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:29 AM
3 moms liked this
Lol. Nice try. This is one of the stupidest posts I've seen in a while. It's like me making a post asking why people wear green sweaters.

Quoting GirlWithANikon:

No. I am not confused and I never said FACT: Art is umwarm. I also said I wasn't judging so to mean it was just my opinion and that it looks very nice. I should have spelled it out better so you couldn't add things I did not say. While I guess I did not directly say this is my personal opinion I also did not directly say this is fact. I think you seem to be confusing things.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:34 AM
1 mom liked this

cause they can? lol idk but i don't think it's just people that have money. i know a lot of people that just don't like having family pictures all over the walls...and i def wouldn't consider them to "have money". i think its just personal preference..to each their own, ya know?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:35 AM
I don't have anything on my walls.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN