Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Birthday Party Question...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
So, I have family members (cousin and his wife, my cousin and I grew up clise, like siblings) who throw pretty good sized parties for their kids. All family parties. We're ALWAYS there...well, not at the last one but I got together with them and gave their daughter her gift a few days later. I'm having a magic show party for my just turned 5 year old on Sunday. They aren't coming - again...haven't been to a party in a few years.

Would you continue to attend their parties? I feel bad not attending, but it's never reciprocated.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:35 AM

I don't see what one has to do with the other.

ChevronOwls
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:36 AM
I wouldn't worry about it.

I have a friend who's parties I never go to. It seems like she always plans them on days that I've already made plans for. Lol she doesn't get mad about it though, she understands.
brysonsmommy_10
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:36 AM

I wouldn't make it a priority.  If the kids want to go then I would go, but if they don't want to then I would stay home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:38 AM
Im not sure what the problem is. Do they not give a gift is that what's wrong? Im lost
Donnah118
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:38 AM

If my kids like to go I would go.If not, stay home.

apoynter
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:39 AM

I'm guessing that their kids are older = more activities = less time for families. 

Go to the party if it fits in your schedule and you want to....otherwise, don't.  I wouldn't 'no go' just out of spite.  Encourage your child to have a good relationship with the family. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:40 AM
They don't send a gift. Not that it really matters, dd doesn't need/want for anything...it's more about her being disappointed when they don't skow up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Im not sure what the problem is. Do they not give a gift is that what's wrong? Im lost
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:41 AM
If it fits the schedule, then yes I would go. To not go just to be spiteful seems really immature.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:42 AM
It's actually the other way around. I have 4. 12, 7, 5, 4 months. They have one. 4.

Quoting apoynter:

I'm guessing that their kids are older = more activities = less time for families. 

Go to the party if it fits in your schedule and you want to....otherwise, don't.  I wouldn't 'no go' just out of spite.  Encourage your child to have a good relationship with the family. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:43 AM
see this is where I have a problem. If you as the adult know that they're not going to show up, why would you allow your child to believe that they would?

this to me is on the same level as women allowing their children to believe all day that Daddy is coming to pick them up when they know that Daddy is a deadbeat and will not show up and then they come on here and cry later because all my child is crying. do not allow your child to be disappointed. Let her know from the beginning that they are not coming

Quoting Anonymous:

They don't send a gift. Not that it really matters, dd doesn't need/want for anything...it's more about her being disappointed when they don't skow up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)