Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Gay teacher fired!

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:39 AM
  • 72 Replies

Quote Like Reply to Post

http://www.buzzfeed.com/skarlan/high-school-fires-teacher-after-her-partners-name-appeared-i

Basically a lesbian teacher got herself hired at a catholic school when her sexuality was discovered she was fired. I think she was wrong for working there in the first place. She lied not them they were always clear about who they were. She lied and was found out end of story. Now if this had been a public school she would have grounds to sue. Here she does not

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:52 AM

That's so sad. I personally don't care about a teacher's sexuality and I really don't care what they do in their off hours unless it involves bad things with kids.

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this
As sad as it is, I agree. Anyone who lies will be found out period. But to lie about something that goes against their core value?

That being said, ugh. Poor woman
momaof8
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:00 AM

But in this case they do and she knew that

Quoting Anonymous:

That's so sad. I personally don't care about a teacher's sexuality and I really don't care what they do in their off hours unless it involves bad things with kids.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Did she lie, do you know if she was ever asked about her sexual orientation and she denyed it?

Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Maby she was trying to prove something?
MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:03 AM
4 moms liked this
How did she lie? They don't exactly ask you your sexual orientation at a job interview. That's illegal.
EvilAsh
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:03 AM

That story was awful to me. Ridiculous.

She shouldn't have lied though. And while sad, you're right, there's nothing she can do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:05 AM
That happened to my HS science teacher everyone was so upset students and parents showed up at board meetings. I walked out of my class (that he used to teach) it was ugly. But of course nothing was done. It was really sad
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:05 AM
2 moms liked this
I know the catholic church doesnt believe in people being gay, BUT I didmt think you can ask someone thier sexual prefrance when having a job interview?? As long as she isnt telling the students about her sex life how would they even know shes gay?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:06 AM
3 moms liked this

What do you expect to happen.  It was in a Catholic Church.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN