Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

AAAACCCKKKK who wants to help me before I rip my hair out(added a pic of my mommy for visual effect)

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:01 AM
  • 106 Replies
1 mom liked this

So I'm trying to find my mom a mother of the bride dress. But it's so hard because my mom and I have similar tastes in a lot of things dresses aren't always one. Here's why. She is a fashionista but she is a church lady. I on the other hand love fashion and do not go to church. I have no problem with strapless or sweetheart necklines etc etc I have seen some GORGEOUS dresses but they are strapless, no go. I want her in something worthy of my mommy(yes I still call her mommy and yes I'm a mama's girl lol) can you ladies PLEASE help me out cause I am going to pull out every strand of hair, put in a weave, rip that out, get a wig and rip that off lol

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Pick one of the strapless dresses you love and have straps added. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:04 AM

get her a strapless dress with a caplet.    The caplet will cover all the bare skin. 

cLanief
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Get a strapless and get a pretty little jacket to go with it or shawl.
sexy_with_7
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:05 AM

that's the thing I don't even know if she would go for spaghetti straps. She wants tea length, which I'm fine with. I'm just not seeing the options I think she would say yes to. Did I mention she's a midget lol. She's only 5'4. So I have to take all of that in to account

Quoting gwebkeijmmm:

Pick one of the strapless dresses you love and have straps added. 

sexy_with_7
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:10 AM

BUMP!

jlm2676
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Are you going to bridal stores? You can get a spaghetti strap dress and then a nice coat for over it or even a nice shawl.

Good luck.
CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:17 AM

What stores are you going to?

First talk to her and see what she is willing to wear and what she is totally against (spaghetti straps, dress length, color, fit, etc...).  This will help narrow down your options and keep you more focused in your search.  Just because it's strapless shouldn't mean it's out of the question because you can always add straps or even have her wear a bolero or something like a capelet with the dress.  Let her know this so that it opens up her mind a little bit. 

sexy_with_7
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:18 AM

No I've been looking online because I'm in GA and she's in NJ. So I want to find something that we can agree on and then have her go to a store in her area.

Quoting jlm2676:

Are you going to bridal stores? You can get a spaghetti strap dress and then a nice coat for over it or even a nice shawl.

Good luck.

sexy_with_7
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Oh yea all the strapless ones I saw had the little jackets. I love that look and I would love it on her. The issue with that is, it's GA in April, that runs the risk of being very warm. I'm wondering if she would be comfortable with not being able to take off her jacket and stuff like that. Kwim?

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

What stores are you going to?

First talk to her and see what she is willing to wear and what she is totally against (spaghetti straps, dress length, color, fit, etc...).  This will help narrow down your options and keep you more focused in your search.  Just because it's strapless shouldn't mean it's out of the question because you can always add straps or even have her wear a bolero or something like a capelet with the dress.  Let her know this so that it opens up her mind a little bit. 

momofamamasboy
by Andy on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:20 AM
I don't have much in the way of fashion taste, but I wanted to say that your family is GORGEOUS!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN