Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

was your 2nd & 3rd L&D easier?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
Just curious how your labor and delivery was the second & third time around?

My first was 12 hours. Water broke at home. I was 5 cen dilated when i got to the hospital. Got pitocin. Lots of waiting. She was transverse so turning. Pushing took 25 mins.

My second was 9 hours. I was induced. 3 cen dilated when i got to the hospital. Got pitocin. waiting and walking. Pushing took 2 hours.

I'm hoping #3 is less pushing time, ergg

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:19 AM
#1-water broke at home at 6:30pm. Got to hospital and was 6cm. Got epidural. He was sunny side up, so pushed for an hour and a half.....he was born at 12:34am.

#2-water broke at home around 12:30pm. Got to hospital around 3pm, was 7cm. No epi. Started pushing at 5:15, he was born at 5:20.

#3-sent to hospital from 38w check up(5cm and 80% effaced). Checked in at 3:15pm. Water was broken by doc at 5:30. No epi. Started pushing at 7:05. She was born at 7:19pm.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:20 AM
My 2nd and third were 8 hours and my first was 12 but I wouldn't say easier. They were actually more painful and I could feel a lot more. The pushing was only about 5 minutes with both. With my first it was an hour and a half.
chane_L
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:23 AM

1st water broke at home 3hours 12min later she was born

2nd water broke at home 2hours 50 min later he was born

3rd water broke at home 3hours later he was born

about the only difference was the 1st i had more "back labor pain" 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:24 AM
My first was so easy so I'm hoping my second will be just as easy.
EvilAsh
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:25 AM

My 2nd was MUCH easier and a lot faster.

I was in labor with my first for 19 hours, 2nd for 8. Pushed for 3 hours, pushed 2 pushes.

I hope this baby is like my 2nd daughter lol! Minus the induction.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:27 AM
My second lasted longer than my first. I was induced with my first and it was 4 hours from start of pitocin to having him. Second was around 10 hours and 3rd was very short. Got to the hospital and had to push right away. She came out in 2 pushes
sissyboogs
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:27 AM

My second was easier in some ways, but harder in others. 

With the first, I wasn't scared going in to labor. I didn't know what to expect, so it didn't scare me. With my second, I knew what kind of pain I would be in, and it scared the hell out of me. That was definitely harder. 

With my first, my water broke naturally, but no contractions. I was 3 cm dilated. I was given pitocin to start contractions, and eventually had an epidural. I was in labor around 12 hours (from the time my water broke, not from the time of the first contraction--which was about an hour after my water broke). I pushed for 45 minutes. Pushing was difficult because due to the epidural, I couldn't push effectively. 

With my second, I was induced due to pre-e complications. I was already 6 cm but not having any signs of labor, so the doctor broke my water which immediately triggered contractions. I tried to have an epidural, but couldn't. I was in labor for 8 hours that time, but pushing took less than 5 minutes. I had her out in one contraction. I was able to push effectively and had the benefit of knowing that once I got her out the pain would disappear (that was a big motivator for me, lol). 

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:28 AM

My first was 28 hours, two pushing.  My second was a breeze. 10 hours labor, never had to push. We were getting ready to push, and I laughed at a joke my husband told, and there my baby boy was.

My third was just awful. Just awful.

psychessun
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:28 AM

36 for first one, 7 for the second.

I was told they get easier/faster as you go along

atyou
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Both of my kids were born pre term, via emergency c section.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN