Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i HATE..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

cell phones..i mean seriously!! I have the worst luck with phones. they never freaking work right!!!

I have an iphone 4..i wake up this morning and have NO contacts, just gone! WTF!!!! Luckily I have a few numbers from my text messages so I have the numbers of a few people I talk to regularly but there are SO many that are just gone and that i need.

Any ideas on how or if i can get my contacts back?! HELP!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngelRT
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

If you keep all your contacts on Gmail you can get them back. Do you know if you added them to gmail or just to the phone?

AngelRT
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:28 AM

BTW - I also have the WORST luck with phones! I had two shitty droids and everyone convinced me to get the new Iphone 5 and I have had tons of problems with it too. lol 

momofamamasboy
by Andy on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:28 AM
If you've recently synced the phone to iTunes, you can get them back. Just hook the phone up to your computer and re-sync.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:39 AM

nope..not on my gmail account. grrrrr....im about to just get one of those generic prepaid phones with no internet, no games...just so i can make a damn phone call. this shit is so annoying

Quoting AngelRT:

If you keep all your contacts on Gmail you can get them back. Do you know if you added them to gmail or just to the phone?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:39 AM

i havent synced the phone since i got it....a few years ago lol :(

Quoting momofamamasboy:

If you've recently synced the phone to iTunes, you can get them back. Just hook the phone up to your computer and re-sync.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:56 AM

bump

birdiemom
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Mine did that too. When I updated the OS it put them back.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:58 AM
DHs iphone4 deleted contacts too, he just had to re-add them. It deleted them more than once too so make sure you back it up after you get them back on there. No issues with iphone5. Maybe stop by the apple store, and see if one of their techs knows how?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:59 AM

maybe thats the problem. i'm like 3 updates behind lol a bunch of my friends told me they had all sorts of problems once they started updating so thats why i never did. looks like im going to have to now

Quoting birdiemom:

Mine did that too. When I updated the OS it put them back.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:00 AM

thats annoying. dh has been wanting to switch service providers and get 5 anyway so glad to hear you havent had any problems with the 5

Quoting Anonymous:

DHs iphone4 deleted contacts too, he just had to re-add them. It deleted them more than once too so make sure you back it up after you get them back on there. No issues with iphone5.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)