Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What's up with all the neat freak, perfect moms?!

Posted by   + Show Post

Now don't get me wrong I have a decent house, but I'm not about to pretend it doesn't look like a tsunami hit it multiple times a day! If you walked in my house you would find some areas that aren't spotless, they may be a bit cluttered, some areas need dusting, I have dirty finger prints on several walls in my house and probably some marker, the dishes aren't always done, my son's room isn't always perfectly picked up with toys sorted, the laundry has a bad habit of needing to be done contantly so sometimes it sits in a basket for a couple days....

I have a lot of facebook friends that are stay at home moms too but their pictures always shows a perfect family with a perfectly decorated house with everything in it's place and they post about every fun, educational activity they do with their kids..... I don't know.... I'm a sahm mom with 2 boys (3 1/2 and 23 mo). My husband works about 75 hours a week so I don't have a lot of time to clean the house without also needing to watch the boys. I feel like I'm choosing to either be a maid or a mom. If I clean up every area to perfection all day I'll never be able to spend time with my boys.

Am I doing something wrong here? How is it that my houehold isn't like theirs no matter how hard I work? How in the world are they able to live like that? Do they just have tons of help? Do they have angel children who never scream, get dirty, do crazy thing, have hissy fits, and make messes? I plan activites to play with them and there are often times I can only get them to sit for 2 mins. I try and try but my kids still are just normal kids! I'm not gonna lie, it definitely makes me feel like I'm failing my family.

*****Just a quick edit, I'm not trying to diss on any mother for having a clean house lol. I think it's awesome if they can do that! I myself am pretty organized just because it helps my day go so much smoother and I do spend quite a lot of time everyday cleaning, it still just doesn't seem to be as perfect as many other mother's I've seen. I guess I was just expressing my frustration. Also I'm NOT trying to use my children as an excuse NOT to clean, I definitely clean plenty... that's just ridiculous LOL. 

******Another Edit - Thanks ladies for all the tips and encouragement... AND UNDERSTANDING LOL. Again, no disrespect to all the awesome moms out there who have a darn near perfect house:) 

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Replies (21-30):
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:52 AM

& right now. . .*gasp* there are toys on my living room floor. My daughter has her princesses out all over. . . & my son is doing a puzzle at the kitchen table. . .which still has some Monster Trucks on it from breakfast (my daughter likes to feed her trucks for some reason lol)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Actually you can clean with both boys get them involved give them a rag and a spray bottle of water and maybe a swiffer duster and go to each room and clean it shouldnt take to long. The earlier you start the kids with getting getting them to pick up daily the better off everyone will be, and deep cleaning is super fast when the house is already picked up. Also doing one load of laundry a day is essential. I save whites, blankets, and towels for the weekends but everything else gets washed daily. I spend about 1hr a day picking up and on my deep cleaning days it only takes 2-3 hrs to clean the house completley (it only takes that long because the 5month needs to be entertained and can't help yet lol)
embrigmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:53 AM

We're cluttered right now, because we are still in the proccess of moving in and unpacking. Just trying to get everything put away and organized. That being said my home will never be perfect. But I do try to clean it up to take pictures.

EvilAsh
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:54 AM

My house gets messy too and I don't care about that. The kids clean up their messes at the end of the day before bed and that's when I do most of the cleaning too.

I just don't understand the SAHM's who never clean. Complain about not having time. I have two kids, I'm 5 months pregnant, and getting straight A's in college and I manage to keep my home decent. There's no excuse IMO.

Fistandantalus
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I quit thinking when you mentioned Facebook.

Look, nobody's perfect.  Those who pretend they are are basically balancing on a Jenga tower constructed by super intelligent apes.  Live your life and ignore Facebook.

Hot_Badonkadonk
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:55 AM

My house is very clean and I am pretty organized. However, this is something I hate about myself! I wish I could just relax. I will stay up at night and clean! With the birth of my baby boy this past July, I am learning to just let things go more or hand out duties to my husband and my oldest.

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this
You are normal

If youre constantly cleaning, theres a problem.

People trying to have that perfect looking life, when its not at all perfect to begin with.
Its a control issue, when really they are out of control
heyiitsang84
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:57 AM

i'm in the same boat as you. I have a 4 year ols son and a 21 month old daughter, and they are my mini tornadoes!!!! I'd rather be a mom than a maid........

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:59 AM

My home is far from perfect! Is it clean? Yes but not perfectly organized. I am not a neurotic neat freak to where that if my children leave something out they get nagged to death to clean. I do pick up and clean up throughout the day but if there is a little mess before bed it gets left until morning.

gypsy.mom
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I am one of those moms. I'm accused of being a stepford wife, I've received comments that my children aren't allowed to be children because my house is spotless. 

I clean after myself, my children clean after themselves. I wake up before everyone and go to sleep after everyone. I have a schedule I keep to and plan many activities with my children. I don't have any help or a maid, I just do what has to be done, when it needs to be done. 

I don't think keeping a clean home and doing things with your children is that hard, if you want to really do it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)