Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What's up with all the neat freak, perfect moms?!

Posted by   + Show Post

Now don't get me wrong I have a decent house, but I'm not about to pretend it doesn't look like a tsunami hit it multiple times a day! If you walked in my house you would find some areas that aren't spotless, they may be a bit cluttered, some areas need dusting, I have dirty finger prints on several walls in my house and probably some marker, the dishes aren't always done, my son's room isn't always perfectly picked up with toys sorted, the laundry has a bad habit of needing to be done contantly so sometimes it sits in a basket for a couple days....

I have a lot of facebook friends that are stay at home moms too but their pictures always shows a perfect family with a perfectly decorated house with everything in it's place and they post about every fun, educational activity they do with their kids..... I don't know.... I'm a sahm mom with 2 boys (3 1/2 and 23 mo). My husband works about 75 hours a week so I don't have a lot of time to clean the house without also needing to watch the boys. I feel like I'm choosing to either be a maid or a mom. If I clean up every area to perfection all day I'll never be able to spend time with my boys.

Am I doing something wrong here? How is it that my houehold isn't like theirs no matter how hard I work? How in the world are they able to live like that? Do they just have tons of help? Do they have angel children who never scream, get dirty, do crazy thing, have hissy fits, and make messes? I plan activites to play with them and there are often times I can only get them to sit for 2 mins. I try and try but my kids still are just normal kids! I'm not gonna lie, it definitely makes me feel like I'm failing my family.

*****Just a quick edit, I'm not trying to diss on any mother for having a clean house lol. I think it's awesome if they can do that! I myself am pretty organized just because it helps my day go so much smoother and I do spend quite a lot of time everyday cleaning, it still just doesn't seem to be as perfect as many other mother's I've seen. I guess I was just expressing my frustration. Also I'm NOT trying to use my children as an excuse NOT to clean, I definitely clean plenty... that's just ridiculous LOL. 

******Another Edit - Thanks ladies for all the tips and encouragement... AND UNDERSTANDING LOL. Again, no disrespect to all the awesome moms out there who have a darn near perfect house:) 

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Replies (411-415):
bellygirl
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:39 AM

I really do appreciate when my husband empties the dishwasher or cleans up the kitchen.  It makes me feel like I'm lightyears ahead, lol.  

Quoting lhobbs13:

Oh I can relate! I do feel like I clean all the time and still feel like my house is a mess. I try to spend as much time wth my family as possible. At night our routines sound quite familiar! Cook, clean, talk with the kiddos as your running around like crazy. Eat, (beg hubby to do the dishes), or just put everything up and wait till kids go to bed, bath, play time, story time, bed time, more cleaning time for me, then finally either I have to write a paper for school, or get to have 1 tv show for mommy time, then it's off to bed!

Quoting bellygirl:

Well you said it yourself, you choose to mother than maid.  Most of us do both.  After my 4 children, ages 9 and three 3 year olds (2 boys and 1 girl) eat a meal, it's cleaned up immediately.  When they are down for naps, things get cleaned, when they go to bed, things get cleaned.  No I don't have help, I just keep etremely busy.  My sister is home with my kids during the day while my husband and I work.  She does the same thing as me.  She cleans up daily.  Before naps the kids settle down to watch a movie and she picks up the morning mess then.  I am a full time teacher, when I get home from work, I make dinner, clean up while their eating, give baths, read books, play.....  Yes, they make terrible messes, color on stuff, get the parmesan cheese all over the floor, break crap, etc.  However, I just immediately clean up.  I'm almost never sitting.  However, that's what it takes.

shaiorta
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:46 PM

"....I'm a sahm mom with 2 boys (3 1/2 and 23 mo). My husband works about 75 hours a week so I don't have a lot of time to clean the house without also needing to watch the boys......"

Well honey, You just answered you own question!! LOL. I wish i could show you 'Before' And 'After' pictures, from before my oldest went to school and 'After' she went to school! I Emphasize HUUUGE difference in my house, laundey load, Etc. I have more time to get things done, to play with and do projects with the younger two, and even, on occasion Rest when i Really Need to. Is my house Perffect now? No WAY!! But it is A Lot better! It actually looks like a house and not a garbage Dump that got hit by Katrina... 3 times!! Good luck!

shaiorta
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:52 PM

ROTFLMBO!!!!!!!

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

because if they take a pic of something out of place people freak out & threaten to call CPS.

No.

Wait.

That's CM

Shai-Happy mom to Emi Angie and Baby 'Bells

AuntyEm774
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a dream that someday my house will stay clean for even 5 minutes--maybe after my kids leave for college?!
ladyk86
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Before you take a picture, you clean up the space tht they are in and the background. And wah lah, clean house for pictures for FB.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)