Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Where are you and ...........

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies

What state do you live in and how old do you have to be to get a tattoo in that state? I recently saw a post  that the mother got her son a tattoo at 16 and this is what my daughter wants for her 16th birthday. We already know that she wants a memorial tattoo for someone that she loves and misses very much. If you want to be rude that's fine. Go right ahead but you wont get comments back because I am not letting it ruin my day. For those of you that want to be helpful. Thanks so much!!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kitschy
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm in Illinois. The age here is 18 but no reputable place will do it if you are under 21. That being said, there may be a parental consent form you can sign for a minor. Again, no reputable place would do that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I have no idea here in FL... I got one when I was 16 or 17 (can't remember) when I lived in CT, but my best friend's brother was good friends with him so I don't think he cared what age I was. Looking back I probably should've waited a few more years, but that is somewhat irrelevant.
Kitschy
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:46 AM

OP if you want to remain anonymous unlike those replies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Is everyone going to start IMing eachother? How else would anyone know but you? What if I liked all the replies? Im not the op.

Quoting Kitschy:

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:49 AM

New York and I believe it's 18.

Kitschy
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Is everyone going to start IMing eachother? How else would anyone know but you? What if I liked all the replies? Im not the op.

Quoting Kitschy:

O.o. I was just assuming OP wanted to be anon so I was giving her a tip she may not know about. Anyone on a computer can look at who liked the replies. Maybe OP doesn't want some anon giving her a hard time about this later.

danie24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

What makes you think it was the OP who liked those replies?

Quoting Kitschy:

EvilAsh

I just moved to NC so I'm not sure the laws. In NH, my previous state, you had to be 18.

Best bet? Call a shop in your area and ask. They'll tell you. 

Amberlyn32

I live in GA... I'm not one for tattoos but I do know that you have to be 18 to get one alone... However my SIL got her first tat at 16 with her dad... He had to sign a parental agreement thingy.... 

vtmommyof2bratz

vermont and far as i know its 18

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)